TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

My Name is Izzy Blue

3K views 23 replies 15 participants last post by  elime 
#1 ·
Hello fellow tw riders,

Recently I had the great pleasure of meeting someone who has turned me on to this exciting hobby called riding... You all probably have heard about him for he is a very accomplished rider and has travelled the world on two wheels..... His name is Joe Finn and is very vocal in the adv forums. After just one trip , on the back of his gs800 to death valley, I was hooked. Scared to death but hooked non the less. It was totally ridiculous! Here I am A girl living my whole life in beautiful So. CA. and never experiencing anything so liberating in my life..... Death Valley? I would just drive through there never thinking twice about how frieking gorgeous it is... Amazing! I guess this is where my life begins..

I totally understand now when people talk about the freedoms they feel and I remember Finn talking about the smells, the sounds and how amazing the stars are when you can get away and just breathe for two point two seconds.... We had a beautiful summer together doing just that so I decided that its now my turn to learn how to ride and also experience all those wonderful freedoms. So I did...

Well it wasn't as easy as I thought, keep in mind I'm an ordinary shop girl living in a perfect little world with my fancy car and fancy clothes and having fancy friends... Everything is just so "NICE" Something was totally missing ... yep, you got it! I enrolled in one of those classes and was Scared out of my mind and I think my fellow class mates were scared for me as well.

But with some practice and some good positive support from the instructors, I passed the class and was on my way to getting a bike.... I can't tell you how great that day was and how much I enjoyed it so now I needed to get my driving license and find a bike that would suit me and not scare me to death! So here I am, I passed my drivers test on October 7 and two weeks later purchased my first bike and yes you guessed its a 2009 tw200 and I fell in love at first sight.

Oh I'm sorry, I forgot to introduce myself, My name is Izzy Blue

See less See more
#5 ·
Welcome to the forum, and the world of motorcycling. Learn all you can. Practice every chance you get. And above all, have fun.

Now you NEED to watch the movie "On Any Sunday". It's required viewing. And now that you ride, it will relate to you more than just about anything else has in your life.

#6 ·
Welcome to the forum, and the world of motorcycling. Learn all you can. Practice every chance you get. And above all, have fun.

Now you NEED to watch the movie "On Any Sunday". It's required viewing. And now that you ride, ir will relate to you more than just about anything else has in your life.
Thank you I will and I shall..... Off to go riding!!!!

#8 ·
Hey Izzy and welcome to the TW200 world! The more you ride, the more you will love this little bike. I have been riding for years and have only had my TDUB for just under one year, but so far its the best i have ever owned.

As for girls riding bikes, i thinl its great, both my daughters had dirtbikes at a young age and have enjoyed the trail riding scene for many miles. They are older now and one even has two little boys of her own, but she still rides her XR100 next to her little sister on her TTR 125, and followed behind by mom & dad on our TW200. Its great family fun but the hassle of life doesnt let us get together as much as we like. Enjoy your bike and stay safe!

#13 ·
Thank you ... I wish I learned at a young age but you know what they say... "better late than never!"

I just got my new maier typhoon windshield put on and I decided that I 'm going to ride from thousand oaks ca to san francisco this weekend... This will be my first road trip ever... Should be very exciting except for the fact that people think I'm out of my mind.... I have the whole day and I will take my time... I will try and post lots of pics... If I remember... The only thing I'm thinking about is to get there! Ha...

I will enjoy and I will be safe... you too..

#10 ·
Izzyblue now understands.

Welcome to Life!

"If you ask me to explain why I ride, you won't understand."

#16 ·
Well I've been practicing religiously everyday now since I've purchased her, give or take a day or two. So I decided that next weekend I'm going to take her out and Have myself an old fashion road trip. I live in Ventura County and I'm going to leave first thing friday morning to San Francisco. I know I know people have been trying to talk me out of it, telling me that the trucks will run me off the road and blah blah blah.... I know I'm a really new rider and yes I don't have a lot of experience but I am a safe rider and This trip will make me an expert by the time I'm done...
So I will let you know it it goes...

#17 ·
I've been riding on the street legally for 41 years and 645,000+ miles, and I'm still not an expert. Beware over-confidence. Just about the time you figure you know what you're doing, you'll let your guard down and crash. I've seen it happen over and over and over.

#18 ·
Stick to Hwy. 1, and gas up often to avoid "reserve panic".

Great chance to get to know your bike.

This would be a good trip to log your gas mileage, BTW. There's Questa grade (near SLO) and a few other climbs and you'll get a feel for how much they affect fuel mileage.

Another low-speed, low-traffic route is HWY. 33., maybe cutting over on 152 into Gilroy. Takes you out of your way, but worth doing on some future trip.

We'll expect a full ride report.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.