TW200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I posted in the thread where the guy was selling the bike but pictures were requested, and I only have a few crappy ones, but I will get more later! So far I have ridden the bike everywhere I can without getting caught (not yet registered) and its just fantastic! I got everything I could cleaned up. Removed the seat and cleaned the tank, oiled the chain, changed all the bulbs in the dash and blinkers, fixed the blinker (dang corroded connectors), changed the oil and filter, adjusted the clutch, and changed the plug. I was shocked when I realized I spent only about 1.5hrs doing all this! Ha! Big change from tinkering with cars!! Anywho, the bike is still 100% stock aside from the new clutch handle I put on (previous one was broken) and I'm very excited to make it far from stock, starting with increasing cargo space. I have to recoup money first from the purchase haha. Just wanted to say I'm super excited to be part of the community, everyone has already been so awesome! Here are some pics
I will post more later!

Kyle

Bringing it home!

From the ad!

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Nice find............. Looks just like my wife's and mine.................. Mine has 10,000 miles and she has 7,500.............. So it should last you a long time..... Have fun.. And welcome to the world of T-dubs................. OMM.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Welcome to the club. I ride every day, rain or shine - sometimes only a couple of miles up to check my solar operated wireless internet radio/repeater, but every day. Sure beats walking and a truck - although I do enjoy my CJ5 too.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Funny twist. Me and my best friend/roommate are always strapped for cash, but leave a little play with, so we try to plan our purchases out very carefully. I brought my bike home, my roommate helped me unload it, and I taught him how to ride that night. Well, after one sleepless night for him we set out to go pick up his dream bike which 'just so happen' to be on Craigslist. He got a cafe-style '75 CB550!! So, as soon as he learns to really ride, I now have a riding buddy! I love how convincing motorcycles can be haha!

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
I was never allowed to have anything with a motor on it as a kid. I always wanted a go-kart or a mini bike. So when I quit smoking the funny stuff a couple years ago in college
I found that I had enough money to buy a toy. I bought a gator moped!
Three days after I bought it I put it up for sale. I sold it to some mexicans in the neighborhood for a $50 loss. I then ordered a 150cc scooter off the internet and had it for a little over a year. I bought some dual sport tires for it, what a dumb idea.
I modded the crap out of that thing and ended up selling it for a loss of $150. Money well spent in my mind to learn how to ride on two wheels. This is when I went to the dealership with my fiancee and laid eyes on the TW. She was actually the one to point it out saying how cool the back tire is. Fast forward a couple hours and I was driving it home. This was when I had just turned 25 years old, summer of 2010. Ever since then I have been addicted to motorcycles and have been through six of them. The TW is the only one I have kept. Now you can see my current bikes below. I will be selling the klr soon to buy another bike. I am 27 now! All this has happened in 2 1/2 years! I am saying all this to warn you of the addiction you have just gotten yourself into. ENJOY!!!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was never allowed to have anything with a motor on it as a kid. I always wanted a go-kart or a mini bike. So when I quit smoking the funny stuff a couple years ago in college
I found that I had enough money to buy a toy. I bought a gator moped!
Three days after I bought it I put it up for sale. I sold it to some mexicans in the neighborhood for a $50 loss. I then ordered a 150cc scooter off the internet and had it for a little over a year. I bought some dual sport tires for it, what a dumb idea.
I modded the crap out of that thing and ended up selling it for a loss of $150. Money well spent in my mind to learn how to ride on two wheels. This is when I went to the dealership with my fiancee and laid eyes on the TW. She was actually the one to point it out saying how cool the back tire is. Fast forward a couple hours and I was driving it home. This was when I had just turned 25 years old, summer of 2010. Ever since then I have been addicted to motorcycles and have been through six of them. The TW is the only one I have kept. Now you can see my current bikes below. I will be selling the klr soon to buy another bike. I am 27 now! All this has happened in 2 1/2 years! I am saying all this to warn you of the addiction you have just gotten yourself into. ENJOY!!!

Fantastic story!
I was always in to gopeds and mopeds. I took hits on all mine! But I built two racing motors for the gopeds (27.5cc bahaha) and they were a blast. Made my parents sick. Eventually I was able to get a Trans Am (powered by the notorious LS1) and have been racing that and it's all modded up for drag racing (won't dive in to details, that's my primary toy!). I leave my Trans Am 100% untouched during school time to stay focused. Since I met my fiancee (girlfriend at the time), I got her to sell her Hyundai that was on the brink of being dead for a 2JZ-powered Lexus. We made $2000 off that car and upgraded her to a V8(1UZ) powered Lexus and I was developing a supercharger for that when it was t-boned and totaled (she is totally okay) but now she is dead set on a Trailblazer SS. For those uninformed, that's a 6.0L V8 from a previous generation Corvette. So anywho, I understand those addictions! Ha! She was the redeeming factor in me getting a motorcycle though. When her car was totaled, I let her take my commuter, and, in return, she bought me the first bike I fell in love with and riding courses for the both of us. I don't need to explain why I proposed to her
Though that was last October. I love all these cool stories and backgrounds everyone is sharing! I don't feel like as much of a car/bike nerd anymore! Oh and all this started when I was 16 and I'm only 21 now haha!

·
Registered
267 Posts
yep i just got mine few months ago. welcome to the addiction lol. i have the same bike. it was japaned out so i am selling some of the japan stuff and some stock stuff now... gonna set it up my way now. little at a time. already ordered pegs,risers,rectifier, brakes,led tail light. got more planned but next purchase.

·
Registered
13,420 Posts
I think taking a photo of your new to you TW out the back window of a pickup truck is classic. Suggests you may be excited! Have fun.

·
Registered
138 Posts
that looks just like mine! enjoy, but keep an eye on the base gasket... the 2006s can sometimes leak; mine did. I moved to a slightly heavier oil and it cleared up.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
that looks just like mine! enjoy, but keep an eye on the base gasket... the 2006s can sometimes leak; mine did. I moved to a slightly heavier oil and it cleared up.
My base gasket does leak! But barely. I have a another leak (I can't think of the name of the parts) but it'd be the piece you remove off the crankcase to change the clutch. I wish I would have though about running a thicker oil... I got Mobil 5w-30 and I know Mobil runs thinner than most oils.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts