TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having a gun shop next door to my shop is rough on the wallet. Sometimes ;)

A guy brings in a Winchester Model 70 Stealth II in 25 WSSM W/ 30 boxes of ammo, and was taken in on consignment. I checked out what it was going for on Gunbroker. Score I bought it all for $1400
I have an offer for the ammo so far $2,625.00 shipped. The rifle is on auction until Friday. WIN

I also bought a Savage Scout Model 11 in .308 $700 out the door. "Another Deal" I figured I would check it out to see if it's worthy of my gun safe. My son and I visited the range this morning and this rifle is sweet. Zeroed it in at 40 yards then my son and I shot 20 clay pigeons at 100 yards without one miss... using the peep sight. I have a keeper and it was basically free from the profits of the other rifle. Check out the link below if your in the market for an out of the box, custom rifle.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I was always intrigued by the WSSM line.

That group looks pretty large for 40 yards for that Savage, or were those sighters?

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Watch Out TP....Obama's Troll Patrol will be sending the Black Ops Helicopters to your place....:rolleyes: Can you imagine the Sheet Hitting the Fan if he gets another ....oh Hell never mind, I don't want to feed our suntanned troll...:laughing9:

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was always intrigued by the WSSM line.

That group looks pretty large for 40 yards for that Savage, or were those sighters?
There were a lot of people intrigued with the WSSMs except the ammo manufactures. Rumor has it that it may be available again this year. What do you mean by "sighters"

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Inch and a half, three shot group at 40 yards is nothing to write home to mother about, unless you were adjusting sights (sighters).

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Inch and a half, three shot group at 40 yards is nothing to write home to mother about, unless you were adjusting sights (sighters).
Yes I was using the adjustable peep sights (LollyPop the front post)

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had to measure the group it's 1.12 inch. Not bad for peep sights

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Focus on the front site.

“Blessed are those who, in the face of death, think only about the front sight.”

who said that?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I think Savages are one of the best values for the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Focus on the front site.

“Blessed are those who, in the face of death, think only about the front sight.”

who said that?
That would be Jeff Cooper. And who said this?

The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country."

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Sounds like Jefferson but there were a bunch of those radical revolutionaries back then, Madison, maybe?

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
That would be Jeff Cooper. And who said this?

The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country."
I did! At our last town board meeting. Seems the county to our west has a judge who is wholly unwilling to issue pistol permits regardless of state law.

Tom

Reactions: Devils Advocate

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Damn! I was almost going to go with Dryden-Tdub.

Was definitely my third choice.

Reactions: Dryden-Tdub
1 - 14 of 14 Posts