TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife got me one of these for Christmas to hang on my TW. It's about 1.5" high. I'm guessing she got it at the local Cycle Gear shop as she picked up a few other things for me and her son there.

Here's the story --

[hr]

Legend has it Evil Road Spirits have been latching themselves on to motorcycles for as long as there have been bikes on the road.

These Evil Road Spirits are responsible for mechanical problems and bad luck along a journey.

Legend goes on to say that by attaching a small bell onto your bike, the Evil Road Spirits will become trapped inside the bell where the constant ringing drives them insane, making them lose their grip until they fall to the ground. (Ever wonder where pot-holes come from?)

Legend also has it that the mystery of the Guardian® Bell carries twice as much power when it is purchased by a friend or loved one and given as a gift.

[hr]

Not sure it's not just a nice story to sell these little bells, but hey, I appreciate the thought and who am I to scoff at a good luck charm? I'll post a pic once I mount this on the TW (as soon as I determine a good spot!)

I also came across this collection of "Biker's prayers". Couldn't hurt, huh?? Happy and safe riding my friends!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Here is my bell. Just a regular brass bell, but my girlfriend gave it to me to keep me safe

·
Registered
421 Posts
I should get one... My Dad has always had one on his Harley...

Definitely! Someone has to buy it for you though to double the luck
. I just found a small piece of aluminum and drilled a couple of holes in it and mounted it to the skid plate bolt. I had it under the headlight at first, but then changed my mind. It is supposed to be near the ground as well.

·
Registered
81 Posts
That is a good idea. This is how they tell that tourists have been eaten by bears in Alaska. They find the bells in the bears droppings.

·
Registered
7,334 Posts
My bell is a little far from the ground but that way it won't fill with mud.

On the TW:

·
Registered
369 Posts
Haaha I have one on my Softail. I let a buddy of mine take it for a spin and he was telling me how the Springer is making a pinging noise when stopped and idling. Haven't received one for the dub yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts