·
Registered
71 Posts
Cool toy

·
Registered
2 Posts
1969 MGB GT

It's lumpy with Bondo, but almost rust free otherwise.
Nice LBC- there is a 1975 Triumph Spitfire in my garage that needs my attention; you have motivated me to get her back on the road. I am sure you already know, but Victoria British and Moss Motors are going to be your best friends for parts and such. Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
"One can only own older British vehicles if they are an auto mechanic, are married to one, want to become one or want to pay one a lot."

I used to work in a shop that fixed British cars. I worked on them, drove them, worked on them, drove them, worked on them drove them then the customer would pay us and drive it home till next service lol. Ya they are fun!

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
British cars. BTDT too many times that I don't talk about it anymore. Like not wanting to talk about the war (any war).

May the Lord of Lucas Have Mercy On Your Soul :)

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
I have never owned one but I have always liked the looks of the MGB. A friend and I swapped cars for a day and his was an MGB. It was loads of fun, like driving a big go-kart with all the bells and whistles. I really loved it but somehow never got around to buying one.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
"One can only own older British vehicles if they are an auto mechanic, are married to one, want to become one or want to pay one a lot."

I used to work in a shop that fixed British cars. I worked on them, drove them, worked on them, drove them, worked on them drove them then the customer would pay us and drive it home till next service lol. Ya they are fun!
I worked for a couple as well and this is not my first B. 3 reasons I bought this one 1. didn't have to day a premium for a great paint job. 2.. No structure rust, just a little in one fender that needs replacing if it's ever gonna look better anyway and a little awn one door in a common spot. 3... The wiring hasn't been mucked with much at all except for the A/C, yes I said A/C and it along with every thing else works ''FOR NOW''.

It does have a list of things that need attention and improving and always will.

I know it will have many problems but, very few will leave you on the side of the road. Have gotten tired of cars with computer problems, coil packs, 8hr heater core replacements, A/c with a 151 components, in tank fuel pumps, take 1/2 the body off alt. water pump swap out (99 bug), cracked PLASTIC intake manifolds ETCCCCCCCCC...............

This is why I like my TW, DR, Sportster and 84 Datsun/Nissan King Cab. I usually don't need a book except for a few specs and a little wiring.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Getting into the game recently I thank you for that info for parts.

Love the little Midgets, had a rust bucket Sprite in my teens, don't think I could get in one today. What year is that?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice LBC- there is a 1975 Triumph Spitfire in my garage that needs my attention; you have motivated me to get her back on the road. I am sure you already know, but Victoria British and Moss Motors are going to be your best friends for parts and such. Enjoy!

Pics?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Great small cars ! !
I had one for several years and tossed the keys to anyone who wanted to drive it,
Its did a LOT of little burnouts, Chirped second, Broke leaf springs and it always came looking for more time on the road, Did 500 mile road trips and came back ready for more,
Mine was a gem to own once you get past the "Technology" of them,
I had mine in the mid 80s so it wasn't all that old,
Enjoy your toy !! ! !
Great toys,
And put the inline 6 in it if the 4 banger goes south !
Peter B

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
"Have gotten tired of cars with computer problems, coil packs, 8hr heater core replacements, A/c with a 151 components, in tank fuel pumps, take 1/2 the body off alt. water pump swap out (99 bug), cracked PLASTIC intake manifolds ETCCCCCCCCC..............."

Amen to that! Old is gold.

·
Registered
13,648 Posts
Love the little Midgets, had a rust bucket Sprite in my teens, don't think I could get in one today. What year is that?
Those are our TW's. We stopped in the Black Hills and Badlands of South Dakota and rode them for a few days before getting to dad's place to pick up the Midget! Thankfully, with prior measurements we brought the correct length trailer...barely!

·
Registered
514 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts