TW200 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something to maybe check out. 30 base hp/ 26+ rear. Fuel injection, tubeless tires, 6 speed transmission, o-ring chain, liquid cooled, rear shock 5 pre-loads, front and rear disc brakes, tach and fuel guage and clock add. to DSCN0318.JPG speedo, seat at 30.7in, wet weight at 348, fuel cap. of 3.4 gals., consumption ave. 71mpg. Out the door at $4,276 for 2015.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Be fun on the Dragon, a light, flickable little bike. I had a VTR250 back when, and it was a blast!

·
Super Moderator
17,926 Posts
How's it feel at freeway speeds? 70ish or better?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How's it feel at freeway speeds? 70ish or better?
Hi littletommy: I'm still running it in and mostly secondary roads, but I am breaking the law if not careful. Being a naked bike you do have the wind, but for winding stuff it's fun. There is a video out there of some idiot running his late at night and he tops out right at 100 with everything stock. I think 80 is about what I want to do. The gearing is kind of like the TW in that you can be in 6th @ 40 or so. Of course you have a lot of revs to go and if running on the higher notes, it will be different. I am still trying to take it easy. And to answer wbpolk, the riding position is basically upright with just a very light forward lean. I may pitch the handlebars further forward in time which would lengthen reach and move them fractionally higher. For the time being the position is fine however, though to not tinker with a bike eventually is unlikely in my case.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, but that is a YFZ-R3, with a twin cylinder engine, and four valves per cylinder, and fuel injection. the stated 112 mph would be appropriate on this machine.

Hi TWlight: The Honda cb300f also has 4 valves to it's cylinder and with double overhead cam and of course as already stated fuel injection. It's not a pocket rocket. But it has a reasonable 10.7 compression and while it won't win any drag races, it's light weight and short wheel base and low center of gravity make for a fun trip.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Very nice bike, I was looking at those a few weeks ago and the CB is almost identicle to the CBR overall. I think the CB has a slight handlebar riser to allow more of a upright seating position and so on. Here in Saskatchewan where anything over 400cc costs a fortune to now license, these machines will sell like crazy. As an example: this bike for 2015 will cost $797/year. If this bike was 401 CC it would cost $2842/yr to license.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Slick looking bike there dogonit! I'm pretty envious. Wish I could get a new bike right now :( Some day I'll get another damn it!

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
license

Very nice bike, I was looking at those a few weeks ago and the CB is almost identicle to the CBR overall. I think the CB has a slight handlebar riser to allow more of a upright seating position and so on. Here in Saskatchewan where anything over 400cc costs a fortune to now license, these machines will sell like crazy. As an example: this bike for 2015 will cost $797/year. If this bike was 401 CC it would cost $2842/yr to license.
That is crazy. How much you folks paying for the TW? I have commercial trucks that don't cost that much to license and put tonnage on.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just got mine on Monday. It feels a lot like the TW. The seating is upright. Has nice get-up-n-go when needed. I (so far) am in love with it. I think it is a great starter bike, and the price is quite reasonable.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The one thing that is a little irritating with the CB is when I stop and put it in Neutral, I have to roll it back and forth to get back to First. I am guessing this is a break in thing. I am not sure though. Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Super Moderator
17,926 Posts
Check oil level and chain tension.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Only in the United States would a 300cc motorbike be considered "small". Are the brakes ABS? That is
a serious life saving feature when dodging homicide intent drivers.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts