TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to introduce myself to the forum. After riding a friend's TW, I began trolling for one of my own mainly on CL but also here on the forum. I love a project and after looking at some really clean $$$ TWs, stumbled on a 1990 with 488 miles. Ridden for about a year then parked for 22 years in a marine warehouse until one of the marine mechanics literally uncovered the bike, got it for free and then got it running, put new rubber on it and posted it on CL. I gave him a dollar a mile and a dozen extra since I like round numbers. I think I called about two minutes after the ad ran and drove the poor guy crazy until he finally met me - likely to get me to stop pestering him. A good egg, by the number of calls he got, he told me he knew he underpriced it but would honor the price. (If you need an honest marine mechanic on the west coast of FL, I know one!) The TW runs great, but my next investment will likely be a bead blaster, as a marine warehouse is not the best environment for storing a motorcycle. Maybe I'll add a powder coat system too, this looks like a good excuse for one.

I want to thank everyone on the forum in advance for the dumb questions I will likely ask, but I promise to look through the archives before asking!

And if you are in the Tampa Bay area from Thanksgiving to Easter, shoot me a PM and we'll go trail riding. The rest of the year, due to the heat, you are welcome to PM me and go scubadiving and spearfishing. But that's a story for another forum and another day.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome. I will post some before pics this weekend and then follow up as I make progress. Today was PB Blast day and starting to work on the crusty bolts with a little heat and low power impact. this weekend I start disassembling and sandblasting. I was looking at Yellow and Black but someone took those colors already! I am considering powder coating rather than painting this time since I plan on mostly off roading. Any advice is welcome.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts