TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1970 CT70 Bought for my little girl so we can hit forest service roads together.

Cost $50
Title Transfer & Related poo $185.00

Looked liked this when I got it.
1234020_10201977665351347_228323438_n.jpg

What it looks like now..
DSCF2381.JPG

Still need a seat, engine, exhaust, kickstand and lots of other misc stuff

·
Super Moderator
17,625 Posts
Sweeeet !

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Looks like fun! Those are good little bikes, and you got a good deal. Will your daughter be wrenchin on it with you?

·
Super Moderator
17,625 Posts
Cute, very nice.

·
Registered
13,227 Posts
What ^^^ he said...cute. I wanted one of those when I was a kid so so bad. To bad I'm fat now!:confused: Oh, and taller too!

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
There was a kid in our group that could do endless wheelstands at a walking pace on one of those. ( 40+ years ago )

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I finally solved my spark arrestor problem..

All of the new Chinese pipes don't have them. So after much fussing I drilled and tapped the pipe end to 1/2" pipe thread. Then screwed on this approved spark arrestor :) A Supertrapp 3S strap3s.jpg

I just screw it on when the bike is going to be in the woods. It may be ugly but it makes a 60.00 muffler a USA forest service approved one

·
Registered
19,194 Posts
Admirable solution! Good creativity shows we don't always have to opt for stock parts, especially for such a great $50 basket case. You do have her almost restored to concours condition, great job.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Heeheehee. I just got handed 3 CT70Hs in various states of disrepair and a few boxes of spare parts for FREE. Motorhome parked next to me and the guy started pulling stuff out of the "basement", taped an envelope with the titles to one, then drove off. Put gas in them and 2 started right up, 1 needs the carb cleaned, the third has no compression but looks nice. 2 engines in the spare parts, but both are H models and will not bolt in for you. As little as CT70s are, it's a booger to get them in the sleeper of a Freightliner.

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
That is just wonderful. The CT70 was my second machine. Someone stole my brother's and my Mini Trail 50's, and I was big enough for an upgrade. My brother got another MT 50. I just loved that thing. Rode the wheels off of it. The Sheriff deputies even looked the other way when I delivered my papers on it. One of these days I am going to have to locate one. You did a masterful job. Thanks for sharing and a quick trip for me down memory lane.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
My son meet me at a truck stop today and finally got them out of the sleeper. Looks like enough parts to restore all three. One box had 2 of everything to rebuild the top ends, all NOS stuff. I hope they come out as nice as yours. Never noticed before, but the red one has holes in the heat shield on the muffler, but the blue and green ones have slots. What's with that? Year model change?

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Been sprocket shopping today. The bike has 15/38 on it now and tops out about 45. Stays at 45 even when I hit a hill so I'm guessing it has some power to spare. I'm thinking about a 16/35 combo or should I go even further?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Over the years I have had six or 8 of those - they are indestructible - if you find another dozen for that price call me - I want them!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts