TW200 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
I bought a used 165cc that was the next size larger in 1955. It was bright yellow, had 400 miles on the odometer, and I gave 450.00 bucks for it. My brother and I rode the wheels off of it, sold it 2 years later for 450.00. You could tell the 125 and 165 apart by looking at the carb. The 125 did not have the carb covered, the 165 had an aluminum clamshell cover over the carb.
Mel

Registered
Awesome!

Registered
Those bikes are great and go good with the hair!!!

Brian, what are you riding?

That was a great time to be a teenager.
You are so right, and I think that Mark would agree also (we both had a lot more hair and a lot less weight back then :D!).

That was my third bike, a 1948 Harley-Davidson 74 cubic inch/1200cc (an early model Harley road oiler ;)). That was the first year of the Panhead engine and the last year for the springer front end. Suicide foot clutch with a 4-speed hand shifter mounted up on the left hand side of the tank. It came with an extra tranny that the oldtimer (I guess that would be me now!) that I got it from said was the sidecar transmission - 3-speeds plus reverse. I used to bomb around with a buddy who had 1936 or 37 Harley Knucklehead bobber painted flat black. We thought that we were real badasses but we were really just a couple of teenage posers. Good times!

I bought it for $350, but I had to lie to my Dad and tell him that I got it for $300 (sorry, Dad!). I kept it for about 12 years but had to give it away for $1,600 for some silly reason like a wife and couple of small kids.

Here's another shot of the hair and a couple of period correct cars in the neighborhood.

1948 Harley-Davidson - 3.jpg

Registered
Lol those old photos are too much, man :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts