TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
DSCN7670.JPG

One forgotten lonely weedeater, one unused mountain bike, and a few hours of spare time gets you one of these. Not exactly a crotch rocket, but it does move with out peddling...well, other than starting it and really steep hills .

Reactions: Scutler

·
Registered
13,810 Posts
Looks like there is no seat or handlebars? Ain't that danerous or sumpth'in!:D

Reactions: Dubzha

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, no plans, I used the I.L.A.R. method of fabrication-It Looks About Right. I tell my friends that I don't use the motor full time, just on the uphills and level areas, downhill I shut it off. I don't want to exercise too much, Dad always told me, "fat man get sick, he get skinny, skinny man get sick, he dies".

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Lol sounds like your dad is (or was...) pretty funny ;D I've been seriously thinking about building something like this with weed whacker motors if I ever find myself with some extra spare time. Maybe a bicycle with a motor, like that, or maybe a scooter with a weed whacker motor or two :D Or maybe even build my own frame for a mini bike out of scrap metal and random miscellaneous parts, or a trike-scooter maybe. I don't know, just something to screw around on, and just for the fun of building it, haha. Maybe a two wheel drive single speed bicycle would be fun. The weed whacker motors are so light that I imagine one could simply fabricate some kind of mounting bracket (mount to the front fork via clamps or whatever) and drive sprocket onto the side of the front wheel and stick another motor right there. That would be sweet lol.

EDIT: Better yet, a motor mounted in that way on BOTH SIDES of the front wheel, AND one mounted on the back. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

·
Registered
7,229 Posts
That looks very interesting. Could you take some close up pictures from different angles and post them?

·
Registered
2,665 Posts

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
That little 2 stroke weed eater engine is popular for the mullets here in AZ. I saw one this morning with the front and back wheels way out of balance. I kept my eyes forward when I passed him to avoid seeing carnage.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts