TW200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys: This unit really seems to suit me. 805cc and light weight at around 480 wet weight and low center of gravity. Even as an old fart, it has just enough get up and go to keep me going. Long live the TW for the light ride and I got the S-50 for that V-twin DSCN0663.JPG torgue for the times you need to get there.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Nice bike!

·
Read Only
1,175 Posts
I forgot how big and unfortunate looking those VA inspection stickers are. At least on your car they're on the windshield and easy to remove. I spent hours removing one of those stickers from my bike when I moved. Nasa could hold spaceships together with the glue on those stickers if only they knew about it.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I have one of those and I love it. Nice solid ride, quick, good handling, very smooth, and reliable with little maintenance other than routine oil changes.
One guy on another forum had one with 85,000 miles on it 'till it was wrecked by a car, and his "newer one" had 145,000 miles at last count.

Attachments

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those stickers are on a metal plate, not the bike itself. Actually not very intrusive at all.

Reactions: Smitty Blackstone

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi mrlmd: The only thing i would change is to remove that stupid fake air cleaner cover that holds the tool pack and let the V-twin show itself. One of the first things I did after getting my bike. By the way mine only had a bit under 6K at purchase. So far so good. I did have to get a professional to do the carbs right after purchase and also let him put in a new battery.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
New York frowns upon inspection stickers on plates that may be able to be removed.

"F" them. There is no Freaken way I ever let them put stickers where I don't want them. That is why the local HD dealer does all my inspections. The sticker goes where I want it.

·
Registered
715 Posts
The S-50 is a great bike, I had a 2005. Fast and lots of torq. Great fuel mileage. It is a small bike, super low seat height, easy to handle.

My only complaint with that bike:

At freeway speeds 75+ mph = very high RPMs = hands numb and exhaust tone that will drive you crazy (if you have pipes). This unit needs a 6th gear just like the TW, not sure if newer models have a 6th gear, mine only had 5.

Other than that, great little bike!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The S-50 is a great bike, I had a 2005. Fast and lots of torq. Great fuel mileage. It is a small bike, super low seat height, easy to handle.

My only complaint with that bike:

At freeway speeds 75+ mph = very high RPMs = hands numb and exhaust tone that will drive you crazy (if you have pipes). This unit needs a 6th gear just like the TW, not sure if newer models have a 6th gear, mine only had 5.

Other than that, great little bike!
Every bike I have had, whether 4, 5 or 6 speed I have always been looking for that next gear. If running freeways all day this isn't the bike, but I still tend to run country roads in the 40-60 range with occasional maniacal bursts to whatever. The interstates I usually never ride more than an hour or so and don't have too much of an issue with that.

Reactions: jtomelliott49

·
Registered
715 Posts
Every bike I have had, whether 4, 5 or 6 speed I have always been looking for that next gear. If running freeways all day this isn't the bike, but I still tend to run country roads in the 40-60 range with occasional maniacal bursts to whatever. The interstates I usually never ride more than an hour or so and don't have too much of an issue with that.
Well - then this bike will be perfect. That 805cc liq cooled engine is very impressive.

Here "was" my 2005:

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
HI 1911 Garand: Mine is also a 2005, the silver ones. Boy does your previous one look nice!

·
Registered
928 Posts
Nice looking bike! I had a 1400 Intruder, Mom had the 800 (Intruders were what they were called before Boulevard). I LOVED that bike.

But I also loved to take long trips, and that just wasn't the right bike for the job. Thing just about killed me on the way to Laconia, NH from Virginia. When we got up there, I told Mom (who had graduated to a 1500 bike by then) that there was no way I was going to make it home on the Intruder. Went looking at all the "Bike Week" sales in New Hampshire... took a trip down to Connecticut, found a brand new Nomad still in the crate, got a killer deal + trade-in, and rode the Nomad home. :) It was hard to part with the Suzuki, but that Kawasaki is the most comfortable bike I've ever owned.

Hope your Boulevard gives you just as much joy!

·
Read Only
1,175 Posts
My dad has the 90 inch Boulevard, and that thing is huge. I'm not sure that the 'S' and the 'C' Boulevards actually share any parts, but I usually refer to his as 'the freight train' because of the size and the massive headlight.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
My buddy has an 800 Intruder and loves the bike for around here with mostly secondary roads and an occasional hop on the interstate. Bike has plenty of power and the low seat is a major plus for those vertically challenged. His is red or a light color maroon and a very sharp looking twin worthy of checking out. Since he rarely ever rides it any more I am trying to get him to sell it and get a nice TW so we can ride together on some of the mild trails around here. If I wanted a road bike this is the one I would seriously consider. Very comfortable for nice country rides but I suppose not so much for long jaunts on major roads.

GaryL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts