TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

My new Tdub

7K views 27 replies 17 participants last post by  hudt0330260 
#1 ·
Thanks to this site and cool people for all the great info. This was a fun build. I think I will be having alot of fun with this mini adventure bike. Picked up March 19th when I saw an instagram video from a powersports dealer about an hour away. Paid $6442 otd here in so cal. I walked out of a dealer couple weeks prior quoting me $7100. It definitely hurt, but watcha gonna do?!
Here is my build info and things I ran into:
1. Shinko 241 - Tire ironed on perfectly fine with windex. I found that two roundish spoons to work the best.
2. Ricochet skid plate in black anodized - very cool
3. DMO Specialties footpegs - Feel and look like quality and bolt right on
4. ProCycle rear shock spring 19kg - easy to remove and replace- Its blue, very cool. Had a local shop switch out, they charged $40. I'm 235 + gear, I needed it
5. ProCycle front fork springs 70kg - easy to do - 35mm 10 w oil with the oil measure thingy - Feels like a different bike. I'm scooting around the trails more like a dirt bike now.
6. DG V2 slip on exhaust - Its loud! Procycle has three different type of decibel reducers. I have one coming to turn down a notch. We will see.
7. Dryspec heat shield - nice looking - stays cool, although the DG pipe doesn't seem to get extremely hot. I installed some sticky back heat shield to the back of the plastic as well, just to be safe.
8. Purchased a sigma 6 stage 2, but only did the idle screw mod at 2 1/2 turns, 2 shims, 130 main, and I believe a 35 pilot. At full throttle there is a miss, so I have ordered a 128 main, 34 pilot, and will play with things from there. Definitely woke the bike up drastically!
9. K&N filter, but I will change that out to a Uni when they are back in stock most likely. I plan on riding dusty trails.
10. Moose foldable shift lever
11. ProCycle high mount fender bracket
12. Maier carbon fiber plastics - I like them
13. Clarke tank - as you all know, the right side hole is off by 3/4". I tried to modify an offset mount and drilled a hole in that lower bung. Gas pouring all over the place! yes, I drilled a hole right into the tank. Heated up and patched with solder gun, but have a new tank on the way to be safe. (Only reason I haven't volunteered to drop bike at IMS, embarrassed of it) Another note: 2" Rox anti-vibe risers hit the tank just a bit. I may grind them down a bit. I installed a couple sticky rubber bumpers on the tank as a stop for cushion, I can live with it.
14. 2" Rox anti-vibration risers - very cool- These worked with KX high protaper bars by relocating the brake line to left side. Undo one screw bottom left of headlight bracket to pull over. Also gained a little more slack in brake line at the bracket mount on the fork tube. Clutch cable was fine!
15. KX high Pro taper Contour 1 1/8" bars - most likely maximum height you can go with 2" risers
16. Highway dirt bike handguards with mirror kit - I like them and mirrors work great. Doubt I will ever break a handle, super heavy duty.
17. Seat concepts tall foam kit - Not hard to do - Home depot and Lowes sell stainless T-50 staples, about 4x the price - No opinions yet since haven't broken in
18. ProCycle tail tidy kit
Tire Wheel Plant Automotive lighting Automotive tire

19. Cyclops led blinkers - I really like these, have them on another bike. Running lights on front and work with break light on rear, very bright. Have stood up to crashes. Tip: Just a diode did not work for me, to keep the indicator blinker flashing. It didn't work with the old indicator bulbs or all new led indicator bulbs. I removed the diode that I installed and switched the flasher relay to an led, works like a charm. All indicator bulbs changed to LED. I prefer to see when my blinker is on.
20. JNS DOT headlight -
21. Man Rack with Rotopax mount integrated - Looks great. Very nice, perfect for me.
22. Nelson Rigg RG-020 saddle bags - fit the bike great for carrying a ton of stuff on a day ride, but if I'm going moto camping I will throw the Tusk Highland set on, which also fits nicely
23. Garmin 700i with Inreach - TIME TO GO GET LOST

See less See more
#10 ·
Love it! Christmas in Spring, eh? Nice job.

Tell us about the tank graphic. Design eye on the ‘Dub guy. Awesome look.
Thanks guys! mapping a route now for some trails in the Bishop area in less than two weeks. Staging at a motel in Independence Ca. for the weekend. Seadub, I used my Cricket machine for the decal. Ordered cheap carbon fiber vinyl from Amazon, fun stuff!

#15 ·
Thanks to this site and cool people for all the great info. This was a fun build. I think I will be having alot of fun with this mini adventure bike. Picked up March 19th when I saw an instagram video from a powersports dealer about an hour away. Paid $6442 otd here in so cal. I walked out of a dealer couple weeks prior quoting me $7100. It definitely hurt, but watcha gonna do?!
1. Shinko 241 - Tire ironed on perfectly fine with windex. I found that two roundish spoons to work the best.
4. ProCycle rear shock spring 19kg - easy to remove and replace- Its blue, very cool. Had a local shop switch out, they charged $40. I'm 235 + gear, I needed it
5. ProCycle front fork springs 70kg - easy to do - 35mm 10 w oil with the oil measure thingy - Feels like a different bike. I'm scooting around the trails more like a dirt bike now.
6. DG V2 slip on exhaust - Its loud! Procycle has three different type of decibel reducers. I have one coming to turn down a notch. We will see.
7. Dryspec heat shield - nice looking - stays cool, although the DG pipe doesn't seem to get extremely hot. I installed some sticky back heat shield to the back of the plastic as well, just to be safe.
8. Purchased a sigma 6 stage 2, but only did the idle screw mod at 2 1/2 turns, 2 shims, 130 main, and I believe a 35 pilot. At full throttle there is a miss, so I have ordered a 128 main, 34 pilot, and will play with things from there. Definitely woke the bike up drastically!
9. K&N filter, but I will change that out to a Uni when they are back in stock most likely. I plan on riding dusty trails.
13. Clarke tank - as you all know, the right side hole is off by 3/4". I tried to modify an offset mount and drilled a hole in that lower bung. Gas pouring all over the place! yes, I drilled a hole right into the tank. Heated up and patched with solder gun, but have a new tank on the way to be safe. (Only reason I haven't volunteered to drop bike at IMS, embarrassed of it) Another note: 2" Rox anti-vibe risers hit the tank just a bit. I may grind them down a bit. I installed a couple sticky rubber bumpers on the tank as a stop for cushion, I can live with it.
14. 2" Rox anti-vibration risers - very cool- These worked with KX high protaper bars by relocating the brake line to left side. Undo one screw bottom left of headlight bracket to pull over. Also gained a little more slack in brake line at the bracket mount on the fork tube. Clutch cable was fine!
15. KX high Pro taper Contour 1 1/8" bars - most likely maximum height you can go with 2" risers
16. Highway dirt bike handguards with mirror kit - I like them and mirrors work great. Doubt I will ever break a handle, super heavy duty.
17. Seat concepts tall foam kit - Not hard to do - Home depot and Lowes sell stainless T-50 staples, about 4x the price - No opinions yet since haven't broken in
18. ProCycle tail tidy kit View attachment 214464
19. Cyclops led blinkers - I really like these, have them on another bike. Running lights on front and work with break light on rear, very bright. Have stood up to crashes. Tip: Just a diode did not work for me, to keep the indicator blinker flashing. It didn't work with the old indicator bulbs or all new led indicator bulbs. I removed the diode that I installed and switched the flasher relay to an led, works like a charm. All indicator bulbs changed to LED. I prefer to see when my blinker is on.
20. JNS DOT headlight -
21. Man Rack with Rotopax mount integrated - Looks great. Very nice, perfect for me.
22. Nelson Rigg RG-020 saddle bags - fit the bike great for carrying a ton of stuff on a day ride, but if I'm going moto camping I will throw the Tusk Highland set on, which also fits nicely
That is a great looking build, though I should hope so with all the dough in farkles and mods.
I think you may have convinced me to get the Meier carbon black plastics for my T-Dub project bike.

#24 ·
I love your fun meter. Passing through there twice I thought it would be a neat place to ride. Forum member Fred has ridden there many times as well so it's gotta be good! :)

#25 ·
18. ProCycle tail tidy kit View attachment 214464
20. JNS DOT headlight -
I think I have the same rear rack. Nice and small, sturdy and I like it.
thinking of a RotoPax system but didn't think they had an adapter for this rack.
You have part #s and suggestions on how you did yours or did the rack come already set up. Thanks.

#26 ·
thinking of a RotoPax system but didn't think they had an adapter for this rack.
You have part #s and suggestions on how you did yours or did the rack come already set up. Thanks. View attachment 217609
Yes I requested the rotopax mount as an addition from Manracks. If you are
You have part #s and suggestions on how you did yours or did the rack come already set up. Thanks. View attachment 217609
Hi Marcoz, yes I asked for the rotopax mount as an addition. If I were you I would email Mike@manracks.com and ask if you can purchase the mount. Then have local welder finish the job. The one he uses is great because it sits flush when not needed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.