TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,069 Posts
Well do it then so we don't have to turn our 100 lb monitors upside down... ;)

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
If you take it to the D.M.V. as a home built then getting a tag is not too hard. This info. I got from a guy who has a street legal in Florida CRF-450 Honda.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Not familiar with the term DOM, likely cold finished tubing... I was going to be concerned for your well being if it was black pipe....

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
Not familiar with the term DOM, likely cold finished tubing... I was going to be concerned for your well being if it was black pipe....
Let's not be critical now... ;) All pipe is created equal.... hahaha LOL That is NOT true for pipe!

[h=1](DOM) Drawn Over Mandrel[/h]Technically, DOM is not a type of steel tube, but rather the process in which the tube is finished. It is considered a high quality tube, and is normally constructed from SAE 1020 or 1026 steel. The first stages of manufacturing are identical to ones used to make electric resistance welded tube, but in the finishing stages the entire flash weld is removed and the tube is cold drawn over a mandrel. The cold drawn process provides the tube with better dimensional tolerances, improved surface finish and the strongest weld strength achievable. DOM is often incorrectly referenced as “seamless tube” when it actually does have a seam (although it is almost invisible).

Reactions: Xracer and LuvNot

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts