TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New user here. Just thought i would share some pics of my 87 TW200 my son and I just finished. I bought it new in 87 but it has sat for the last 15 years. I forgot how much fun this little bike was.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,334 Posts
Awesome look. Hope you enjoy the TW for the next 15 years...riding it! haha. Minnesota is looking a little rainy by the looks of it in the pictures.

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Great looking '87!

You and your son sure did a nice job of upgrading the look of your 30+ year old bike. How are those decals/stickers sticking to your Clarke tank?

Welcome to the forum,

Brian

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was a very wet April and May. Friday through today have been 75 and sunny though. We were able to put a few miles on it over the weekend. Runs like a new bike.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are sticking good. We used PPG DX330 wax and grease remover on it 1'st. Made sure it was 70 plus degrees when we applied them. Then let it sit in the sun after. We have a new chain for it too just haven't put it on yet. Only has 1878 miles on it.

·
Registered
722 Posts
They are sticking good. We used PPG DX330 wax and grease remover on it 1'st. Made sure it was 70 plus degrees when we applied them. Then let it sit in the sun after. We have a new chain for it too just haven't put it on yet. Only has 1878 miles on it.
Hrm, please report back in 30 days and let us know if those decals are still not bubbling off the Clarke tank. Bike looks great. Nice job.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The rear tire is original equipment. I had to replace the front, it was flat and cracked deep. The original gas tank and front tire are in my scrap pile in the 3'rd picture. At some point around 10 years ago my younger brother thought it was a good idea to try to get it going again. His 1'st thought was fill it with gas. (ethanol of course ) and then left it. The tank was beyond repair. The top was rusted out completely. I was able to save the original carb though.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Very nice looking TW. Great job bringing back the '87 to look like it's in new condition. I didn't even realize that was the upgraded clark tank at first either!

Where'd you get the decals from? I'm considering some custom graphics for the cowl of my 2019 TW, and I was going to get vinyl stickers made for that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts