TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
22.JPG finally finished, if it is possible to really finish a rebuild. bought the project in april from a guy who had the major parts power coated flat black ( not my favorite) i got 3 boxes of parts ( mostly junk) from him. the PO had lost interest after he got the main pieces back from paint. i rolled her out of the garage today. now the TW has a little brother 1 apr 23  2016.JPG 19.JPG 20.JPG 23.JPG

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
That's sweet! Looks awesome!

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
nothing wrong with a ct90! mine's a '79.
my honda ct 90.jpg

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nothing wrong with a ct90! mine's a '79.
View attachment 62281
wow nice, i love well kept survivors, nice. i have a 1973 ct90 that i'll be doing next winter, but it won't be nice to look at. i call it old rusty and the plan is to clear coat over the rust and make a really nice bush machine

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Very nice!

Reactions: jtomelliott49

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sweet, grewen is that another set of front blinkers on the front?

joeband I like your clean 79.

I had a 69 CT90 that was stolen recently which led me to wanting to "upgrade" to a TW and join this forum but I'm pretty positive I'll have one again...

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
30.JPG
Sweet, grewen is that another set of front blinkers on the front?

joeband I like your clean 79.

I had a 69 CT90 that was stolen recently which led me to wanting to "upgrade" to a TW and join this forum but I'm pretty positive I'll have one again...

no, those are led road lights. i hate it when you can out drive your lights, now that means either this bike is super fast or the headlight is very poor. too bad about your 90

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
grewen,
I have always liked those too. I have an old st90.
And it is quite a coincidence, I am only 1957km from Armstrong.
hi Bad Luck. I like those st90 also, maybe one day. my first bike was a s90. I borrowed it from my brother and took it out 1 night and ended up trying to race a buddy on his Honda 305 dream. it was at night and I was flat out. he looked over and he said he could see right through the cylinder and saw the piston, just before it kind of blew up. so I just bought my first bike. I fixed the motor and stripped the bike down and rode it for a long time. we'll be down in your town from the 2nd week in may, maybe run into you.

·
Registered
350 Posts
hi Bad Luck. I like those st90 also, maybe one day. my first bike was a s90. I borrowed it from my brother and took it out 1 night and ended up trying to race a buddy on his Honda 305 dream. it was at night and I was flat out. he looked over and he said he could see right through the cylinder and saw the piston, just before it sieged. so I just bought my first bike. so I fixed the motor and stripped the bike down and rode it for a long time. we'll be down in your town from the 2nd week in may, maybe run into you.
Ha, my first bike was a Honda S90 also. I rode it from Milpitas, Calif. to San Diego and back, but on the way back I got a hole in the piston.
So outside the Honda dealer in Oxnard, I pulled the head and cylinder and r and r the piston on the sidewalk. Made it back home though.
Please send me a message when your here.

·
Registered
302 Posts
These are very cool old bikes. I have never ridden one, but love the old bikes from back in the day.
I like to refer to them as a bit "squirrelly". They are fun to ride though, Used to take mine, put it in low and ride down deer trails in the bottoms. Auto Clutch made it easier to deal with in the tight start stop situations

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ha, my first bike was a Honda S90 also. I rode it from Milpitas, Calif. to San Diego and back, but on the way back I got a hole in the piston.
So outside the Honda dealer in Oxnard, I pulled the head and cylinder and r and r the piston on the sidewalk. Made it back home though.
Please send me a message when your here.
i'll send you a pm when we leave and we will be staying, first at willow springs rd and then Ken's lake. we'll have to go into town to use the internet to get hold of you

1 - 20 of 21 Posts