TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I wanted a Surly Pugsly but for that money I would get another motorcycle. This is a Walmart bike that I painted the rims and after a few rear sprocket changes, I have it where I want it.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is a Mongoose Beast. A cheap bike that I don't mind getting a little rusty riding at low tide.

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Oh man, tell me how you did it. I have wanted a fatty for quite a few years. Price held me back. I do have an S.A.S.S for pure exercise fun, and my race mountain bike I built up on a litespeed frame I got cheap because the local bike shop couldn't sell it.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
It is so easy, change the rear sprocket to a 22 tooth, on Ebay for $5. add 1 link to the chain and you are riding in the sand. it is also a lot of fun in the snow.

·
Registered
6,367 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, there are plenty of bad reviews but I've had mine for quite a while and really like it. The tires are heavy, my next mod is to get the Surly tubes and tires, they are 2 pounds lighter!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It is not for everyone but if you do a few mods it is a lot of fun. Be prepared for the huge front tire to want to fall into turns, I am well used to that. I want to put wider bars on it.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Saw this guy on the beach this morning. I feel bad for him but it it is now flat calm and blowing off shore. He should get pulled off pretty easy on the next tide.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Fat bottomed girls, you make the rocking world go round.

I like it. I built my Mt. bike for sand use living on the coast but I kinda want one of those too now. Thanks for sharing the mod you did.

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
You would think, in this modern day and age I could find one within 100 miles of 46825. Heck, I'm on vacation next week with no plans....

Can't find a Beast, Dozer, or Brutus. This can't be right. Somehow instant gratification has to be possible. Not sure if I should thank you or curse you Ebbanflood. :D

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Yep, got that option. Walmart is near by, and the distribution center is close too...and I still gotta wait until next Friday? Wrong. Gotta be a way. I'm a tenacious guy. Vacation would be over.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sorry for the confusion, it comes with an 18 tooth and I put on a 22. I edited my post to correct that. It is the sprocket that is held on with the clip, not the threaded one.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts