TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Broke my own rule and rode the TW from Whidbey Island over Washington Pass to the Winthrop area. I have a rule that I will not make that trek during the months of July, Aug. or Sept. because it is just too danged hot. Oh well, first day the ride was nice since it was an evening ride. On Saturday a friend and I set out and took a NFR, #37 from the Winthrop area over Baldy Pass and ending in Conconully. We had lunch in Conconully then rode over to Okanagon and eventually back to camp in the Winthrop area. Was a great day even though it was hot.
I am throwing in some pictures of my ride back home through Washington Pass, it was so hot I was delerious for hours telling myself I was done riding, not cut out for it and selling both bikes and buying a car with air conditioning. I think I had heat stroke because once I got home, got a good nights sleep and cooled off, I came to my senses. If only I had followed my rule and not ridden over that pass to the other side in July....

035 - Copy.JPG 037.JPG 043.JPG 047.JPG 069.JPG

·
Registered
13,403 Posts
Rules are made to be broken right?:p From the looks of your picture's, I'm glad you broke your rule! Very beautiful ride that's for sure!

When I first saw this photo, it reminded me of my 3 Fingers Gulch ride and 3 Finger. Not really that close, but it did remind me of it. And as I remember, it was warm the day we rode a few months back. I wouldn't even attempt the 3 Finger ride in today's temperature's. Guess I won't break your rule down here for the foreseeable future!:D

·
Registered
105 Posts
Your photos are great. This is the area I have thought of riding my TW. I will wait for cooler weather. Thanks for the update.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Looks like a great place to ride!

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
beautiful ride!

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
It is a beautiful ride. I have to say Dette, you have grit. That is quite a ride on a TW. Just a few weeks ago I went to Twisp and back, but on a goldwing with trailer. It is a beautiful ride over and even better on the way back. The scenery is so much more incredible heading west.

Looking forward to getting together again with some western riders this summer. I know you are a busybee, An overnighter as the weather is nice would be great.

Any riders up for a run? East side might be out for a while as the fires are out of control.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have, as you can see, been taking my TW everywhere....I have totally fallen in love with it and consequently, fallen out of love with my Triumph. Well, I just got back tonight from an 8 day all ladies trip from Whidbey Island over to Highway 101 down the Oregon coast to the Redwoods. All along I had planned on taking my Triumph but a couple of weeks before the trip I was seriously considering taking the TW. The gals I was traveling with were actually shocked when I showed up on the Triumph since it's been so long since they have seen it. I'm glad I took it, I re-bonded and now, I am again in love with my Triumph.....I think there's been a song written....Love the one your with....lol.

The Oregon coast was beatiful and much cooler than my last little venture. 224.JPG

1 - 12 of 12 Posts