TW200 Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yesterday I was in the Tillamook Forest (Oregon) in a light rain with the TW on my second off-road outing. I knew at some point I’d crash (a.k.a. fall) but didn’t expect it so slow and so soon.

Well, I was trying to ride the shallow gully next to the trail to let a logging truck pass when the abscess significantly dropped off quickly. I tried to over-correct and get back on the trail, but the little guy went down at around 10 - 12 mph.

Bike is fine save for a few scratches. I’m fine except for a slightly bruised knee and road rash on my palm. My Pop’s Rolex (family heirloom) was torn off my wrist and I almost left in the mud puddle. Lost my glasses.
So what did I learn:
After a fall look around for anything that may have been dislodged, no matter how slow you were going.
Contact points on the TW in a low speed crash or fall are the turn signal (scratched but working fine) and hand guard (scratched but still firmly in place—it did its job well).
Contact points on ME in a slow crash are the knee and palm. I will now start wearing gloves! Any recommendations? View attachment 208888 View attachment 208889 View attachment 208890 View attachment 208891 View attachment 208892
what hand guards are you you have on your bike?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Hey Andy, I don't know what they are as they were installed at the Yamaha Dealer. The guards were only $50 but the installation was superb, they fit well, and they held up very good in the fall. Go figure.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Very first thing I do before going on a ride on any bike, is change my watch to a disposable one. I also have a heirloom watch that I otherwise wear all of the time.

Reactions: Westieterrier
21 - 24 of 24 Posts