TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My Son inlaw Graduates from RTC!

My son in-law enlisted in the Navy and started Jan. 29th and graduated from RTC this weekend. A little older than the average recruit at 29 yrs. old. and a father of 3 of my grand-kids. Very proud of him and my daughter!

Jon.jpg

·
Super Moderator
17,954 Posts
Please thank him for his service and commitment for us...

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow ,I cannot imagine going through boot camp at 29 ,I did it at 21 ( most were 16-17 ) and I felt it and I was in very descent shape . What trade is he going into ?
Fire controlman. Here is a link to the job description. LINK (explains it better than I could)

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
That's great, Congrats to you, your daughter and of course him.
Does he know where his first assignment will be/where he'll be stationed?

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's great, Congrats to you, your daughter and of course him.
Does he know where his first assignment will be/where he'll be stationed?
I haven't heard yet, my daughter will be back home Monday and I'm sure we'll get the update then.

·
Registered
13,645 Posts
My son in-law enlisted in the Navy and started Jan. 29th and graduated from RTC this weekend. A little older than the average recruit at 29 yrs. old. and a father of 3 of my grand-kids. Very proud of him and my daughter!

Proud Papa you must be. I thank him for his service.

My youngest son entered the military at 28 a few years back. He went in to be a medic and recently graduated to be a flight paramedic. He leaves later this month for some final tuning up training before his unit goes to the stan. Even though our ranks are different, I'm gonna give him my leather flight nameplate to take with him...and a barf bag just in case.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Congratulations and Thank him for his service! My youngest (19) went in 2/14/17 and is now in Japan. Did you get to go to graduation at Great Lakes? My wife and I, our oldest son, and the grandparents all went. It was an impressive ceremony. You (and he) should be very proud.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Congratulations and Thank him for his service! My youngest (19) went in 2/14/17 and is now in Japan. Did you get to go to graduation at Great Lakes? My wife and I, our oldest son, and the grandparents all went. It was an impressive ceremony. You (and he) should be very proud.
Unfortunately we didn't go. My 84 year old father in law has been in and out of the hospital and my wife is doing her best to take care of him and keep him out of a nursing home. That and the fact that the would only allow 4 people per recruit to attend the ceremony kept us home. My daughter, her mother and father in law, and my son in law's brother went to the ceremony.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts