TW200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My son just started basic training at Fort Jackson, South Carolina. They have a facebook page and while I was going through all the pictures they had of the 1,100 new recruits that just arrived, I stumbled across this picture. That's my son getting "introduced" to his Drill Sergeant on his first day of basic. Priceless!!!

David1.jpg

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
thanks to him and your family for his service

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Start planning now he will have a family weekend you can check him out for the weekend all my son wanted to do was eat and talk to his girlfriend on the phone.
My son did the one unit station training at Fort Benning GA. Basic, infantry, advanced infantry, airborne, Ranger. so I made multiple trips to Benning on his Airborne graduation I watched his graduation jump very cool.
I wish him good luck and send him a phone card to call you on.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
I remember my son gave me a website that I could follow him thru training and found him in pictures a few times.

·
Registered
20,184 Posts
That is a priceless photo, absolutely to be cherished and drug out in the future and shown at the most embarrassing of times...wedding, birthday, whatever.

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
I remember that day (Air Force). I can laugh about it now. :D

Best wishes for your son, tell him we appreciate him.
June 1968 Amarillo AFB, Texas Basic Training.....our Instructor{Air Force called them TIs for Technical Instructor} was an old Security/Air Police Guy from Wisconsin, named Joe Prokop....18 months later he would meet me at the Tan Son Nhut{Saigon} Airport when I transferred down country from my assignment at Nha Trang....once his TI Days were done, Joe returned to being a Sky Cop and we served together in Vietnam....Great Guy{although he scared the crap out of me the first few days of Basic}...who passed away back in Wisconsin a few year back...God Bless you Joe and RIP

AmarilloBasic_edited.jpg Prokop Grave Site.jpg Prokop's Pups 1968.jpg

A salute to your son and best wishes, it cannot be easy serving in today's PC Military, especially with the lack of leadership we have in Washington.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
When my son graduated infantry training they ask for a family member to come down and put on the blue infantry rope and I did and on airborne I put his badge on the Army likes for family to participate.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
And get a hotel room as far away from the base as possible we keep running into people from his training unit and it took away from my time with him.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Not sure what your son's job is but if he is deployed this TW200 website will send him care packages if not I will.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've started a folder with his boot camp pictures, the responses to this thread, etc. just to give to him in the future. Thanks zdiver for the offer!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts