Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,434 Posts

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Romans 13

Did Moses violate God's principle of submission to authority when he killed the Egyptian taskmaster in defense of his fellow Hebrew?

Did Elijah violate God's principle of submission to authority when he openly challenged Ahab and Jezebel?

Did David violate God's principle of submission to authority when he refused to surrender to Saul's troops?

Did Daniel violate God's principle of submission to authority when he disobeyed the king's law to not pray audibly to God?

Did the three Hebrew children violate God's principle of submission to authority when they refused to bow to the image of the state?

Did John the Baptist violate God's principle of submission to authority when he publicly scolded King Herod for his infidelity?

Did Simon Peter and the other Apostles violate God's principle of submission to authority when they refused to stop preaching on the streets of Jerusalem?

Did Paul violate God's principle of submission to authority when he refused to obey those authorities who demanded that he abandon his missionary work?

You don't need to answer Dustin, I don't want to debate it at all. I'm just offering that up as food for thought, with the kindest of intentions I assure you.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Good stuff. I had to phone a friend. answer. When an earthly government abuses the authority of God they represent by ordering something opposed to God, we are to disobey. But we are forbidden to scorn those in authority even if they are godless, for they still hold a representative position of God's authority until God removed them. Thus, tho Sail constantly pursued to miser David, David wouldn't scorn or attack Saul. But he wouldn't stop running from a murderer either. Jesus said that if we are our secured by the authorities, we are to run. Also, see Acts 5:28, 29. Jesus commanded the preaching of the Gospel under the great commission. The leaders forbid it. On this point only, the leaders had to be disobeyed.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
In this case, Christian I may be, but when it comes to some Illegal SOB, giving his Marxist Orders and by proxy destroying the Republic the Founding Fathers built, that turn the other cheek sheet doesn't make it....

For someone to give me their version of what the Bible says via pick and choose....fine and dandy, I rely on my own views...if they{my views/opinions} are wrong, I am sure I will be dealt with by someone higher than me....until that time, the photo still looks like a bunch of freaking Drag Queens straight out of Obama Storm Troopers, Inc.

Meanwhile

The Reds won their traditional opener today, and Wisconsin and Duke are tied at 31 at the Half in the National Championship Game.....plus I got my game umpired in 1 hour 35 minutes, working the plate, finishing in the drizzle.....

Has anybody heard from Zdiver:confused:{actually I did get a thumbs up from on one of my radical posts on facebook from the Zman but still waiting for him to return to duty};)

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
What Marxist orders? When has President Obama himself commanded you to sin and thus justified going against the authority of gods will?
What the F** are you talking about?....you want to worship the Kenyan, go for it, same as spelling God with a small "g"...where pray tell, do you see on my post that I let that Son of a Bitch command me to do anything, let alone sin? He's a Marxist, anybody that believes different, is a fool, a Gawd Damn Fool! He commands his lemmings{you perhaps?} to follow his illegal orders, the rest of us ignore the fool.

You need to get your Bible Quotes and whose orders to follow in place....don't feed the BS to folks like me....worry about your own backside, and your place come judgment day, I'll take care of my own.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
I see, your problem is that hes black.

You son are an idiot....the fact that the son of bitch is Half Black, Half White, and Half Assed, has nothing to do with his politics or my dislike for him....the fact you are a race baiting asshole, which means you revert to race baiting when your ideas fail, means you are not worth my time of day, because you have nothing of value to say to me....now go back to worshipping the Kenyan and put him up as your 'god'...now kindly ____ ___!!

Capisce?

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
If his race has nothing to do with your dislike of him, why is calling him a Kenyan the very first part of your response? I mean, he is not a Kenyan he is a US Citizen, the only logical assumption is that you call him a Kenyan as some sort of racial or ethnic slur. Race baiting? You brought it up, not me. You've got quite a foul mouth and temper for a christian. I see there is no calm and rational debate here, so Ill bow out.
Yawn.....heard all those DNC/Media Talking Points and Lies Before....just sayin' And lot's of us Christians have tempers and foul mouths when some snake brings out lies about us.....like I said, I've just never got that "Turn the Other Cheek" thingy down quite right, and I'm not about to start now.

I guess we are not all perfect Christians, like you and the "Your" President.......but why bother, after all I can't argue with perfection. :rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts