TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I'll update the thread title with the name of my bike once I figure it out. Yes I'm one of them.

So far I've done the quick release seat bolt mod, which makes it super easy to pull the seat off, yet keep it secure. Also threw on a Wolfman Enduro tank bag this morning which is the perfect size.

Picked up some Happy Trails SU racks from the Facebook group and will be installing those later today. On the way from Tim at Happy Trails is Imnaha panniers with top bags and Acerbis handgaurds.

Other planned mods are updating footrests, adding Ricochet skid plate, swapping to 47 sprocket, adding a top rack (CycleRack maybe) and a soft top bag. Also want to replace the headlight with the JNS LED one, add some extra lights in the front and replace all bulbs with LEDs.

Main purpose of the bike is commuting, with some occasional off road bits with potential for more fun off road when I start to travel.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Registered
It will only be a commuter bike until you want to see what's around the next curve in the road! :p It only gets better (I was gonna say funner) from here! I love it the plastic sales brochure is still hanging from the bars. Awesome!

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
It will only be a commuter bike until you want to see what's around the next curve in the road! It only gets better (I was gonna say funner) from here! I love it the plastic sales brochure is still hanging from the bars. Awesome!
Haha that pic is from when it was still at the shop. And yeah I already race bicycles off road and go mountain biking. If there are dirt bike trails nearby I'll find them.

Registered
Since the TW is not especially quick for a commuter I would suggest making you and it as noticeable as possible for safety's sake. Good start with the reflective riding gear but a louder horn and possibly much brighter LED plug-and play replacement bulbs for the tail and running lights might be justifiable. Same for a LED headlight if Massachusetts permits. The LED turn signals bulbs require a mild mod for the flash rate correction since they have very low resistqnce but it is an easy mod.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Installed the HT rack today...minus one bolt. Looks like there's a tweak in the right side from the previous bike. Going to try and finagle a solution.

Also a pic of the Enduro bag. Found out today it's the perfect size for my tablet, phone, wallet, portable battery, bottle of water, half a sandwich and my trucker hat. Win!

Registered
If you loosen all mounting bolts can you still not get that to line up properly? If not, I鈥檓 sure that could 鈥渁djusted鈥 to fit without too much effort. Those pannier racks look great. Nice job on the bike so far.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
If you loosen all mounting bolts can you still not get that to line up properly? If not, I鈥檓 sure that could 鈥渁djusted鈥 to fit without too much effort. Those pannier racks look great. Nice job on the bike so far.
Yeah I tried that. I might be able to loosen them all up and have somebody else persuade it but I'll try doing it myself first. And thank you!

Registered
You鈥檙e very welcome. If you can鈥檛 get it adjusted yourself I鈥檓 sure some member here is close enough in proximity to assist you. I saw snow in one of your pics, so I know it鈥檚 not me ;) Else I would have .

Registered
Pictures make the bike, rack and tank bag all look very good together. Once rack is persuaded to line up with fastener holes you can put on a matching tail bag and be able to carry a whole sandwich. SandwichBig.jpg

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Nothing terribly new to report, except that I took the bike out on some single track for the first time. Thing climbs rocks like a tractor. I also feel more comfortable on it having thrown it around a bit on the trail.

New boots are stellar with some break in and insoles.

I'd like to upgrade the horn but haven't decided which one yet.

Registered
Great post and I agree proper boots make a huge difference. One piece of equipment never to skimp on. Also yes, single track, steeps and difficult terrain is fun with the TW. Just point and go!!!!! :wav: :wee: :wheelie:

Registered
Installed the HT rack today...minus one bolt. Looks like there's a tweak in the right side from the previous bike. Going to try and finagle a solution.
I'm not sure if you've already tried using them, but that rack uses a spacer on each side and longer bolts at the peg mounts. I believe they're the same as the turn signal spacers. That could be why you're off a bit. I think each is 1/2" thick so without either you could come up about that far off.

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
I'm not sure if you've already tried using them, but that rack uses a spacer on each side and longer bolts at the peg mounts. I believe they're the same as the turn signal spacers. That could be why you're off a bit. I think each is 1/2" thick so without either you could come up about that far off.
Nah I can see the tweak on one of the sides. Need to move it in and over.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts