TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All,

If your counting on you steering lock to protect your TW think again. I went outside this morning to throw a leg over the trusty TW and head to work but she was gone. I woke my wife to make a police report then got in the jeep and set off to work. I was sure I'd never see the bike again and wondered if i should have taken off and handled the matter myself. Well not an hour had passed when my wife was calling to tell me my neighbor had wheeled the molested TW home from behind his house. It was found between two cars with her steering lock muscled and ignition taken to with what must have been a flat bladed screw driver. I don't know if the thief/thieves got spooked or discouraged but fortunately they gave up and didn't get too far. My ignition was toast and while the button that engages the steering lock held up the frame welded tab it engages is mangled and is going to have to be ground off. So "Help Wanted" for a second hand ignition switch preferably with a matching cap and helmet lock. When in doubt chain it up to a good anchor point.

Thanks in advance,
David

20170717_181009_1500337344205.jpg 20170717_181012_1500337344475.jpg 20170717_181118_1500337344581.jpg 20170717_181211_1500337344667.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
634 Posts
When I was single and living in an apartment complex, I was up at like 3am and heard a dirt bike drive by. It then drove by again and stopped, idling.

I looked out out the window to see some piece of white trash yanking with all his might on the headlight cowl of my Tdub, trying to expose the wires. I quickly grabbed a very high power pellet gun, stepped out on the balcony, and aimed at his head (with the drop I knew it would hit him in the torso). That SOB jumped so high when I shot his sorry butt, I was laughing for a solid 20 minutes afterward. Anyway, he jumped and sped off on his dirtbike like he got touched by a ghost.

Never had had any issue after.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
When I shoot downhill or up I aim low to put lead on target. I'm not sure how you hit him aiming high, maybe he was just spooked from the report. Sure wish I would have had this guy in my sights!

·
Registered
634 Posts
When I shoot downhill or up I aim low to put lead on target. I'm not sure how you hit him aiming high, maybe he was just spooked from the report.
Could be. Keep in mind it was a pellet rifle, not a .22 or centerfire. I'll try to remember to take it to the range next time and see where POA vs POI is at the distance, and then run the numbers on how the angle decreases the range. You could totally be right. I just don't see how he would have heard it given how loud his dirtbike was.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Air rife or otherwise it should work out the same. Definitely check it out, you want to be ethical when taking shots at these thieves. Wouldn't want them to suffer.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Uphill or downhill shots scrub yardage. The projectile is not fighting gravity at its full force. Really glad you got your bike back. Its a great looking TW.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
I'm glad you got your bike back. Bullets drop so aiming high (over) is the correct compensation. Unless you are really close with a high powered rifle where you would aim under because the bullet is still accelerating, going up because it hasn't reached peak velocity and has no drop.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
A locksmith should be able to re-key a new ignition switch to match the key you have.

Shooting a thief like that in Commiefornia could get you charged with assault. See what happens when liberals take over?
I'm all for shooting more Liberals, regardless of where they live...but DC would be a good start...:icon_silent:

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
No, tain't true, sorry, refer to this description:
Shooting Uphill and Downhill

The absolute correct answer is both! End of argument. It all depends on "point of impact" and "zero distance" in relation to the absolute distance to the target. Gravity has less impact at greater angles however it still affects the point of impact. Given the pellet rifle used I would need to know at what distance the sights were zeroed and at what distance the target was from the shooter. It is easily feasible that the shooter may have to hold high. There really is no argument here other than the laws of physics.......

Tom

1 - 20 of 40 Posts