TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and me escaped the cold brutal winter of MN, and staying in a refugee park in Mission , TX. It is fun, I have the smallest bike in the park and the smallest RV (a truck camper),it's fun to show off the TW. Tomorrow we;re riding to So. Padre Island, I'm trying to talk to the other riders to ride up the sandy beach , but the big boys don't want to, I can't understand why. I guess that they don't want to get there $30,000 bikes and trikes full of sand. I told my wife that we have less money invested in three motorbikes, truck camper and enclosed utility trailer to haul the bikes down, than they have in their bikes.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Same feeling I get when I park my €1,000 TW next to a €15,000 GS1200 - I know it's wrong, but somehow I feel smarter

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Kind of like the feeling when you ride up to a guy whose KTM is on its side and ask if he needs help picking it up? Kind of like the feeling when you ride past a KLR stuck up to the swingarm in mud? Kind of like when you cut inside a Harley on the Dragon?

Face it, the TW is the Type 1 Volkswagon of the motorcycle world, slowest car in the race, but somehow never finishes last.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I couldn't agree more Qwerty, as the owner of two air-cooled VW's and two TW's the similarities between the two are numerous. Both are easy conversation starters for passer-by's as well.

Kevin

Face it, the TW is the Type 1 Volkswagon of the motorcycle world, slowest car in the race, but somehow never finishes last.

·
Registered
137 Posts
From what I can tell, TW's LIKE winter... I haven't taken mine out when the entire world is snowy, but a few patches here and there just make turns more interesting... and the cold keeps it from overheating

·
Registered
122 Posts
Disenfranchised, my fellow DC area TW-rider, I have made the same observation--TWs run very well in the cold. I am fixin' mine up with some hand guards to protect the fingers, and trying to ride more in this stuff...

DCTW

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Without ice screws the TW didn't to to well here near Atlanta, GA early last week.

I was tempted... really tempted...

if I had a second set of wheels/tires, I'd have done it.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I bought another one here in SW Arizona. I missed having it down here from Illinois. I am either on the tw or and atv most of the time. Don't see many of them, but the first one I saw was down here, which sparked my interests.

Tell us how the ride went. We camped in Mission area west of town about 5 years ago, and took our Jeep down and drove on the sand there. So I know what you mean.

We also went on a dolfin watch cruise, it was something we had never done.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
we don't have that problem down here in tampa florida, just a bunch of snow birds clogging up the roads in the winter
the snowbirds should ride TW's and park their cages and the roads wouldn't be clogged. when gasoline gets to be $5 a gallon, our little bikes will be very nice to have.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts