TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up another 2006 today so i now have a pair of twin TW's in my stable :D

This one has 1800 miles on it, its in fantastic shape and runs very well. Even the factory front tire looks new. The only thing missing on it were the factory mirrors which the person i bought it from said were swapped by the prior owner. That's no biggie and easily fixed. I also want to swap out the bars for another set of pro taper ATV high's. The ones that are on it now i don't like the bend so much. I will most likely post them for sale once replaced if anyone is interested in them.

I think this one is going to be my daily rider and my old one with 14k on the clock will be the one my girlfriend will learn on. I already have a few things i want to do right away, one is the bars. I need to tune up the carb, the throttle response is as flat as my other one was when i got it. The front tire is also going to have to go as well. We will see form there what i do with it. Here is a pic of the twins in my garage that needs to be cleaned up badly.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
We have the same twins in our stable........... Mine has 11,000+ miles and the wife's has 8,000+ miles.. Sure have fun on them... OMM.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
The bars and risers look good on there. Now you have 2 bike without jimbo shields?! My eyes must deceive me. ;)

·
Registered
912 Posts
I've got a set of Pro Taper ATVs on my '95. Best upgrade I have done, so far. Got them here from a forum Bro for $20 + shipping. ($42+/-) Not bad.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The bars and risers look good on there. Now you have 2 bike without jimbo shields?! My eyes must deceive me. ;)
The bars do look good, the bend is just not what i like, too wide and straight. Jimbo shields are on my list of upgrades for both, skid plates for both, i also want lizard coolers for both when the new ones are available and a bunch of other stuff. I plan to build both out pretty much the same way as a lot of the time ridden will be off road. The new one is getting a cycle racks and skid plate straight away since i have them in the garage now. I need to order some stuff and get them both built up.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Yesterday I bought a 2010 to go with my 1999 TW.. not exactly twins but it still warms my heart to see them together.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Yeah, you start out, it's all fun and games...before you know it, you've got a serious addiction:

Attachments

·
Registered
8,292 Posts
Double your pleasure, double your fun but remember, now you have to double your parts orders. Ask me how I know! I just got my latest delivery. 4 tires, 4 tubes, 2 X ring chains, 4 sprockets, 4 oil filters and I am far from done.

The good part is that once I get over this initial shock they should both be good to go for a long time.

One thing we keep hearing here are the stories of those poor TWs that were left sitting for years on end and are now being resurrected. I really want to beat some previous owners with a stick for letting these nice bikes rot and rust while there are so many here searching for them. I am not one to push for new laws but it should be a crime to leave a good TW locked up and alone in the dark. I will rescue every one I can find if the price is right.

GaryL

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
should be a crime to leave a good TW locked up and alone in the dark. I will rescue every one I can find if the price is right.
GaryL
That right there is funny. We should start a non-profit to rescue abused and neglected TW200's. Maybe we can get Sally Struthers to do a late night infomercial.:D

·
Registered
8,292 Posts
That right there is funny. We should start a non-profit to rescue abused and neglected TW200's. Maybe we can get Sally Struthers to do a late night infomercial.:D
Screw Sally! I think QWERTY would be the man for that job!:p

GaryL

·
Registered
19,385 Posts
Nice herd of turtles Rhodetrip, quite a harem. How do you decide which one to get frisky with?

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
congrats!...i take it you took a little road trip...

2012 Yamaha Tw200
Actually, I bought this one in December. Its a 2013 with only 42 miles on it that I got for $3000. I couldn't say no.

Thanks, Fred. The plan is to duplicate the ones we have and have a pair that we can ride one way, store, and fly home, and then fly back and start riding again when time permits. For example, our trip to Mexico in January required 9 days driving on the interstate to get to Douglas, AZ and back to Rhode Island. If we stored those bikes in Tucson, we could fly out there for about 1/2 the cost of fuel (and I get about 11-12mpg with my diesel camper and trailer) and we would have an additional week of time to ride.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Actually, I bought this one in December. Its a 2013 with only 42 miles on it that I got for $3000. I couldn't say no.
i figured OP bought the blue/black 2006 that was also pictured in the background in the ad (along with the 12/13) but has since been sold according to the updated text in the ad...looks like it has black bars like OP's bike as well as only 1 mirror so i just guessed he had bought the 06

1 - 20 of 23 Posts