Tom

·
Registered
485 Posts
Love the Kolpin rifle boot. Bike looks great and welcome to the forum.:D

·
Registered
175 Posts
Nice shoot'n Tex, bad ass start. You guys are killing me. I have to go to work on my Colman cover. First time I tried it just couldn't make it fit. Will go back at it this weekend after I get a ride in. Its been a life saver on the DR. Could not do much more than about 70 or so miles before I put it on the DR. I have a kind of soft scabbard I am looking at mounting up with my giant loop.

·
Registered
145 Posts
No

It is a header pipe and heat shield from a used XT225.

Because the pipe wall is thicker than a TW200 stock pipe, it really quiets down the motor noise.

That looks great! Any modifications to make it fit, or is it a direct bolt on? My header is looking really rough after all these years.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
This is almost a direct bolt-on. I had to trim the end that fits to the muffler by about 1". It's too long. Also, I did remove the muffler at the same time to get them to slip together easily.

·
Registered
159 Posts
This is almost a direct bolt-on. I had to trim the end that fits to the muffler by about 1". It's too long. Also, I did remove the muffler at the same time to get them to slip together easily.
Thanks for that info, NoHair! My header pipe is probably looking a lot like Prime's, and I've been wanting to do something about it but wasn't
sure what.
Crazy (but good!) that the two header pipes , the TW and the XT are so similar in bend.
RicklesssS

1 - 14 of 14 Posts