TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, let me say that I'm new to the T Dub, and I've already learned a ton by reading through a bunch of great postings on here. I just picked up a used '97 non-CA model, and I'm working to clean up a few things on it. While working on getting the carb set right, I noticed a shiny brass fitting with no tube attached to it. It leads me to believe something is supposed to be there. Can anyone tell me if/what is supposed to connect to it? I think I'll replace the aftermarket hose clamp while I'm at it :D

Here's a pic.
IMG_2012.jpg

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Not sure how much you've dug around the site, but there's a thread all about running the hoses a different way to prevent dying out when going through puddles.
If you search water crossing you'll find the thread, with pictures. My 2015 would die and stall in the middle of a puddle a few inches deep due to the splash blocking the vent lines. Did the mod explained in the thread, I can plow through a couple feet and it never misses a beat.
*edit* Here's the link

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure how much you've dug around the site, but there's a thread all about running the hoses a different way to prevent dying out when going through puddles.
If you search water crossing you'll find the thread, with pictures. My 2015 would die and stall in the middle of a puddle a few inches deep due to the splash blocking the vent lines. Did the mod explained in the thread, I can plow through a couple feet and it never misses a beat.
I'll have to check that out. Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts