TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm new to this forum, I was working on my bike the other day and I notice that there was a random plug. I've searched everywhere on my bike to see where it went to. I think it might go to the starter cause when I touched it to a positive wire the starter started to click. Also the last owner of the bike put a wire in the plug connecting the two sides, without that wire my bike will not start. can anyone tell me and suggestions of what this plug can be?

·
Registered
19,587 Posts
A model year and a description of the plug and it’s location would help. An accompanying photo would be better yet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 1988 TW200 the wire is under the seat then leads to the side panel. i have no clue where it goes because i lose it in the wire harness. random wire.png There are two blue wires one with a yellow stripe and the other with white

·
Registered
19,587 Posts
Very helpful pic and description.
Without looking I might guess the the plug would connect to the sidestand's safety cut-out switch.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Im going to guess its one of the safety switches, either the clutch or kickstand. I would trace both of them back from their origination points and see where they lead. Im thinking its for the kickstand switch based of where it is on the bike. The clutch connector is normally under the tank.

·
Registered
7,051 Posts
I have a 1988 TW200 the wire is under the seat then leads to the side panel. i have no clue where it goes because i lose it in the wire harness. View attachment 114554 There are two blue wires one with a yellow stripe and the other with white
I jumped both the clutch and kickstand safety switches this way.

If you do, be careful. It is quite a surprise to take off with the kickstand down or hit the starter button and have the bike jump forward.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I jumped both the clutch and kickstand safety switches this way.

If you do, be careful. It is quite a surprise to take off with the kickstand down or hit the starter button and have the bike jump forward.
I did the same thing with my kickstand when the switch failed.

I personally see no need for either since i always as a rule put the stand up and pull in the clutch before i ever hit the starter. Comes from years of riding dirt bikes that had no such nanny features.

Great link there Tommy, i never even knew those diagrams existed until after i posted my post. I dug thru the service manual to find it before. Those are way better :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts