TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BTW, n+1 comes from a bicycling website. Rule 12 seems to apply to motorcycles as well: "While the minimum number of bikes one should own is three, the correct number is n+1, where n is the number of bikes currently owned. This equation may also be re-written as s-1, where s is the number of bikes owned that would result in separation from your partner."

·
Registered
992 Posts
Nice looking bike. After selling a v Strom and a KLR in the past 2 years, the cb500x is definitely on my radar. I'm hoping to find a used one next year if the prices have returned to a sane level.
How is the power delivery? As expected for a 500 cc twin?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is she teasing you with her red panty straps?
That's where I put my helmet. :eek:
How is the power delivery? As expected for a 500 cc twin?
With little experience with other bikes, I'm not the best to ask. It certainly got up and moved, much better than the TW. Even 100 pounds heavier, it handled more nimbly, probably due to lighter wheels. just picked it up yesterday, and the three and a half hour drive home from the dealer(!) was half in the dark, and I kept my speed fairly slow due to the deer threat.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
A little tidbit for you, Sir:
"...and the three and a half hour drive home..."
You drive cattle & automobiles.
You ride horses & motorcycles.
It's a fact! You can look it up...

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tuesday was warm enough to ride the CB500X 15 miles to the storage locker for the winter. Topped up the tank with ethanol-free gas & stabilizer along the way. Sigh.

Here's a few pics from this fall's camping trip:

While Mr Putter hides in the background, X luggage is fitted: Shad pannier racks, cheap Rockbros panniers, Osah duffel, Nelson Rigg tank bag.
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

Sky Plant Tire Wheel Nature

Tire Wheel Plant Plant community Vehicle

Thanks to favor-of-the-day health directives, restaurant dining rooms were closed, leaving only drive-thru lanes open. Nice 50°, gusty picnic.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Plant

1 - 11 of 11 Posts