TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13,420 Posts
Now, this sure does look invit'in to me! So much so that I might just go up to the shop and start my TW. Possibly a run to the mailbox even!:D

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Admiral, I knew it would disappoint you not having a bunch of that white stuff on the ground, but rest assured we looked for some, but it just wasn't there. Toot didn't make this ride. The two TW's are mine, with a friend riding one of them.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Hey Mel,

I think we should definitely start planning a combined NorCal/SoCal/Central Coast ride. What do you think?
Hey TW - Brian,

The day we met Mel, we were scheming on how to come up with and where to have an annual California TW event similar to the Horizon Unlimited event that we attended in Oct. Central Coast would be an ideal place to have it since it is centrally located. I'm sure that Mel, I and maybe Christine will continue with the idea and hopefully bring it to fruitation next year. Stay tuned...

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Purple, Please keep me in the loop on the Central Coast ride.

Brock

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey TW - Brian,
The day we met Mel, we were scheming on how to come up with and where to have an annual California TW event similar to the Horizon Unlimited event that we attended in Oct. Central Coast would be an ideal place to have it since it is centrally located. .
I'd be interested in this too. Another group I ride with has an annual north-south rally staying in Cambria, just south of San Simeon and Big Sur. The Palms Motel in Cambria is quite inexpensive. The Brookside next store is slightly more, slightly more upscale and includes a small breakfast. Some camp on the coast, but The Palms serves as social central for everyone.

Regardless of the specifics, please let me know when his is going to happen.
Thanks

·
Registered
7,051 Posts
I have been thinking about riding in that area this coming spring. I would arrive from the King City side (Jolon Rd, Mission Rd, N-F Rd), maybe camp a night or two at the Ponderosa Campgrounds, which is on the N-F Rd. The National Forest maps don't show many dirt roads to explore. What did you find? Is it mainly paved?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Can us far-far-far-far, far northeastern Califor-innesotan's join in too?

Depending on when you have teh ride, I would like to join in if I can get away.

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts

Brian, anyone, anywhere, can come to this event. It will be interesting to see how far some will be coming from.

·
Registered
5,870 Posts

As a former Minnesotan, I'd like to extend our welcome to any of you who would like to join us. Since I am afflicted with MBS (Multiple Bike Syndrome), I usually have an extra bike or two available if you'd like to fly and ride.

Brian

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
maybe only by bringing in some out of staters can those surthrnrs beat our northrn record of NINE t-dubs...... :) sounds like a great trip in the making!

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Joe, Are we going to have to wear different colored shirts for the Russ Austin Memorial Ride so we can tell the nor boys from the south guys. Maybe I can put you in charge of that. I did figure out how to put a picture on. Mel

1 - 20 of 25 Posts