TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
And don't pee on an electric fence either as an experiment...tried that only once. Yes, electricity does travel upstream. :eek:
:D
What an idiot I am sometimes. :p Told ya'll I'm a blooming idiot sometimes... ;)

·
Registered
677 Posts
And don't pee on an electric fence either as an experiment...tried that only once. Yes, electricity does travel upstream. :eek:
:D
What an idiot I am sometimes. :p Told ya'll I'm a blooming idiot sometimes... ;)

Seems LT and TWilight have something in common. They have both been hit in the head with electricity. I crack myself up sometimes haha. Dirts a Flyen SanDue:rolleyes::D

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
But Mike wasn't trying... Pretty incredible to me that his brain, muscle memory and balance took over in the first place. I'd like to think I could do that, but not willing to go out in lightning and try...

Reactions: TWilight and SanDue

·
Registered
20,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
do-not-pee-on-the-electric-fence.jpg That electric fence story really made me laugh. Don't know if we can let our Supertommy ever live that one down. Must have been one of life's lessons well learned. images-7.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
View attachment 29817 That electric fence story really made me laugh. Don't know if we can let our Supertommy ever live that one down. Must have been one of life's lessons well learned. View attachment 29816

Fred; you are too too much sometimes!!! The stuff you dig up sometimes is incredibly funny. You have a great sense of humor!!! Thanks for all you bring to the forum brother Fred; you're one of a kind my man. I idolize you, I really do.

Now on the pictures of what you posted?...

Well; would it have mattered to me if that sign was there and I saw it just before peeing? Honestly; probably not. I've done a few; not so smart moves in my life... ha ha I have several stories I could tell...

My Dad was also the "Chief of the Boat" on one of the first Nuclear Submarines that was ever in existence; before that; he taught the guys going on the first Sub that did it; how to do it and taught them Nuclear Power in school. He then went to his first Submarine working as the "COB" (the chief of the boat) who stands directly behind the drivers and tells them what to do after the Captain tells him.

I was the kid, who every time I passed the "Launch Missile" button onboard or walked by a "Torpedo tube"; wanted to push the button!!! And that's the Good Lord's honest truth.

Need I say more??? :D

I also loved your Will Rogers saying and photo. I'm all three of those descriptions... :rolleyes:

Thanks again Fred; I get a lot of laughs from you too, and thanks again for all you do for the forum!!! :)

Reactions: SanDue

·
Registered
20,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow LT, Chief of the Boat is a hard earned honor so you must her suitably proud of your father. He must have put in a lot of years in the silent service. My grandfather worked on subs at Mare Island and I remember going to the launching of one when quite young.

Reactions: littletommy

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Wow LT, Chief of the Boat is a hard earned honor so you must her suitably proud of your father. He must have put in a lot of years in the silent service. My grandfather worked on subs at Mare Island and I remember going to the launching of one when quite young.
Back in the day...ha ha

Mare Island was my domain. I got away with more **** than you can even imagine. I was an extremely active and a very curious boy...he he No one could control me, it was impossible. No one knew quite what to do!!!

We're seriously going to have to have a talk one of these days bro... :D

Do you remember Rodman Center that was smack dab in the middle of the base??? It was a big U shaped building with a movie theater, a cafe and pinball room, swimming pool and gym and basketball court???

Don't even ask me what I did there... :eek: :p ;)

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
I've almost got my Dad kicked out of the Navy; TWICE. No wonder he hated me...

I've failed to mention Fred; so far; the Aerial Photography Pictures that NCIS/Naval Intelligence had of "just some" of the destruction I caused; although that was later, and on a whole different Sub Base in San Diego.:eek: They truly thought the base was under attack by terrorists... I better save that one for later though... I've blabbed enough info on littletommy for one day... :D ;)

Reactions: Dryden-Tdub

·
Registered
20,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Apparently our new super moderator was quit the troublemaker before mending his ways and becoming the caring guy he is today. Guess the chopper riding avatar kid we suggested for LT was not far off the mark. Glad littletommy ( and the world) survived the early days.
Speaking of the allure of forbidden buttons I was irresistibly attracted to the Weapon Release when given a chance to crawl through a visiting friend's S-3 Viking. "Bombs Away!" I chortled even though obviously unarmed and parked on the apron. Some childish things we never outgrow. VIking Roll.jpg

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Apparently our new super moderator was quit the troublemaker before mending his ways and becoming the caring guy he is today. Guess the chopper riding avatar kid we suggested for LT was not far off the mark. Glad littletommy ( and the world) survived the early days.
Speaking of the allure of forbidden buttons I was irresistibly attracted to the Weapon Release when given a chance to crawl through a visiting friend's S-3 Viking. "Bombs Away!" I chortled even though obviously unarmed and parked on the apron. Some childish things we never outgrow. View attachment 29823
Funny how those things tempt us...ha ha. I'd still be tempted...

Fred; I believe you and I are adrenaline junkies. If something around isn't exciting enough for us, we create our own...havoc and excitement... ;)

And yes, that avatar you guys came up with is absolutely perfect. I knew it the moment I saw it. Old school rebel out of control...

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
My brother was a maintainence captain in the Air farce in the sixties. When I visited him on his base he gave me a tour and pointed out a damaged section of roof of one of the hangars. He said it was caused by an idiot who sat in the pilots' seat of a jet aircraft in the hangar and triggered the ejection seat. He said he doesn't have guts enough to do it again, or the brains either.

·
Registered
821 Posts
LT is not alone on peeing on electric fence. Though I dinna do it on purpose. Back in my cowboy phase I had a sick horse that had to be kept walking.
So there I was walking an uptight horse in the middle of the night. It was dark and had been storming for a while. I was nekkid as everything I had was
in the dryer (lots rain eh) an bedsides being raised by Hippies I was pretty far out in the country alone. Horse woke me up and I dashed ouuta bed and ran out to corral.
Well I had to do the morning Pee as I was walking trying to keep the horse moving. Didn't really pay attention until I hit the wire........all nice and grounded me was with bare feet an all. Knocked me clean on my butt into the mud n poop. Had to keep walking the horse an of course. Mr Wiggly was flat numb but that went away after awhile. Good thing them things pulse the charge. Not a recommended experience.

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts