TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best way to remove the ugly and insulting warning stickers on a new bike? I swear, this is the best adhesive I've ever seen. It even has registration sticker goo beat!

John

·
Registered
2018 KLX250 camo ; former owner of 2006 TW (retired at 23k)
475 Posts
Goof off. Although beware, it will fade the plastics. For the tank, I used a hair dryer to warm the sticker - keeping constant motion and never keep in one place for too long.

After sticker is peeled off, I quickly followed up with a "Goof off" soaked paper towel and then a quick immediate wipe from a dry paper towel. Works great!

-Adam

·
Registered
62 Posts
I didn't realize just how many stickers were on my 06 until I saw your post. They must really want to cya every which way. This will give me something to do some cold winter day.

·
Registered
522 Posts
On the plastic I used a blade scraper, then avgas to remove the remaining glue. Then I polished the plastic with an abrasive dish sponge and kitchen degreaser, or even 800 sandpaper where it had turned grey or yellowish. Finally, some kind of "cockpit shine" makes it reasonably shiny again. Of course the last part doesn't apply to new bikes

·
Registered
866 Posts
On the plastic I used a blade scraper, then avgas to remove the remaining glue. Then I polished the plastic with an abrasive dish sponge and kitchen degreaser, or even 800 sandpaper where it had turned grey or yellowish. Finally, some kind of "cockpit shine" makes it reasonably shiny again. Of course the last part doesn't apply to new bikes

Avgas? Cockpit shine? Does your TW have wings?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts