TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning All.

I just got off the phone with our local NAPA parts dealer. I told him I wanted to order 2 oil filters; NAPA part # 7934 or Wix part # 57934. He went to his computer and told me that no such part or part # is in the NAPA inventory. He also said he checked oil filters for a 2013 Yam. TW 200 and came up with nothing. What's the deal? Any suggestions

Mark

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Croatoan

Will the stock brass screen filter do a good enough job? That's what I would rather do since it came with one and like you said I can just clean it.

Mark

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Croatoan. Yes, I use Mobil 4T. My oil filter is not pleated. Should I get a Yam. pleated, screen filter or just keep the one I have? Sorry if I'm bugging you about this.

Mark

·
Registered
4 Posts
Croatoan:

I am still using the original filter (cleaned several times) since the bike was new. I have 4,200+ miles on it. They were more expensive (about 9 bucks apiece) and there was no free shipping option to Alaska, unless you went with the 3-pack.

With the nearest Yamaha (motorcycle) dealer about 800 miles away, I figured I'd get the price break by going this route. Now I should be able to go several thousand miles without looking around for a filter again.

I just changed clothes for some TW maintenance...Oil and filter change, lube and tighten my chain, check cam chain adjustment, and maybe adjust the valves--if it don't start raining. If you don't see me on here later today whining and asking questions, it must have been a good day for me!

Take care.

·
Registered
922 Posts
The WIX 57934 is a "pleated" brass screen. I have one right here. Comes with an O-ring for the cover. They are not inexpensive ($9.00?) but they are right here in town. O'Reilly's Auto Parts here in Montana. I don't need to wait for shipping. However, now, I have enough (2) for life.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks fishguy.

I'll call O'Reillys' in the morning. They are 10 miles away, the Yam. shop is 45.

Mark

·
Registered
385 Posts
Mark, you may want to stay with dino oil before switching. I have read several posts here where people recommend 2,000 miles so the parts set better. That's the way I am doing it with my 2013.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Be careful what you put in your TW. I don't know about the filter linked here but some folks have had problems with filters from Yamaha that fit but were not designed for the TW.

·
Registered
922 Posts
You're right! 4 holes! 4 holes! 4 holes! 4 holes!
I agree. Be careful. Especially with YAMAHA! As I recall all the inappropriate filters came from dealers selling the wrong part. All of the aftermarket (WIX, ProCycle, Partszilla, etc.) ones I have used have had 4 holes and work just fine.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks Borneo. So much for new space age filtering material. And thanks for heads up on rbm. Mark

1 - 20 of 24 Posts