TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently noticed that they are adding many more gates across all of the Sam Houston National Forest access points. They leave a gate barely big enough to turn sideways to walk through. The other part of the gate swings open for the forest service personel. If you were brave enough to go through them and ride how would you get through them?

Here's the answer, you get the idea.

·
Registered
23,316 Posts
We have some gates in Sierras with low center sections to deny vehicle traffic in summer yet permit pedestrians, bikes and equestrians to cross over. Once snow builds cross country skiers and snowmobiles can cross over the low center sections. A little easier than sliding under the gate like Ken's thoroughbred. :giggle:

Reactions: Snow Fox and Ken

·
Registered
2022 Yamaha TW200
175 Posts
I recently noticed that they are adding many more gates across all of the Sam Houston National Forest access points. They leave a gate barely big enough to turn sideways to walk through. The other part of the gate swings open for the forest service personel. If you were brave enough to go through them and ride how would you get through them?

Here's the answer, you get the idea.

It's been over 100* all week with ozone & air quality alerts, as well as high humidity in Houston. How are you riding in this heat? And there's no breeze in the forest. I almost melted yesterday.
Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's been over 100* all week with ozone & air quality alerts, as well as high humidity in Houston. How are you riding in this heat? And there's no breeze in the forest. I almost melted yesterday. View attachment 227642
I have a lot in Hidden Forest. We went in the car last week. I guess I picked the right week for vacation with record highs. I work outside. I have been doing work outside around the house every day. I have been working on the shady side. Prepping for paint and painting some so far. You still have another bike don't you? We may have to get together and ride the streets.

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
a few years back, i got pretty good at sliding out my son's bmx bike and slip right under the parking lot gate at our local school. ;)

never tried it on my tdub....

·
Super Moderator
15,704 Posts
That sign warms my heart. That is how it should be done. I would be so excited and happy to check out the riding opportunity.
I know it's meant as a stern warning but I must have dyslexia and I read it as an invitation! :)
Plant Sky Plant community Natural landscape Motor vehicle

·
Registered
23,316 Posts
"This is your decision point" (y)
That is one of the beauties of America, self determinism & the freedom to make one's own decisions and then be responsible for the consequences.
How about this one?.:cool:
Sky Daytime Motor vehicle Natural environment Land lot

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
"This is your decision point" (y)
That is one of the beauties of America, self determinism & the freedom to make one's own decisions and then be responsible for the consequences.
How about this one?.:cool:
View attachment 227669
I know that sign!
On interstate 5 through Los Angeles.
Rough neighborhood...

·
Registered
238 Posts
Actual gate.
Tire Wheel Cloud Sky Vehicle

This was just past Louis Lake, in the Wind River Range. Bicycles were allowed through, but the rest of us, nope. This is Section 5 of the new Wyoming BDR. I was mildly disappointed, but I plan to return in a future July or August or even September. The road was the kind of gravel that keeps you alert.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts