TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts

Red Tail hawk bites off more than he can chew. Go here to watch it full screen

Hawk vs Bull Snake - YouTube

Neat video. I like happy outcomes, but I am not sure the hawk deserves to be saved. I have seen what they do to baby birds. I wonder how the snake was able to catch the hawk in the first place. Maybe the hawk got knocked out by a passing car and before it could revive the snake already had it.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Hope the hawk made it! My guess is the hawk tried to have the snake for dinner and the snake wanted no part of it and fought back...

·
Registered
468 Posts
Wow! that's a great video. As fast as that hawk recovered after nearly being choked out, that guy is luck it did not clamp down on him during the rescue!

·
Registered
976 Posts
Amazing video B-Dub!

Can you imagine the 180 degree turn that hawk's day took?

"Alright! a nice juicy snake to ea… Whoa! Whoa! What the? AAAAaaaaa……!" THUD

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Ya don't see that every day..

·
Registered
603 Posts
Aw man! That was great. Not supposed to interfere with nature but I would have done exactly the same. I mean, ya know?...........

I will share that on my YouTube channel. That was such a great video.

BTW, I thought I was the only dummy that occasionally rode around in shorts with a western hat. Thanks for the support! :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Unbelievable video! Never seen anything like it! All I can say is wow!

·
Registered
197 Posts
I was rooting for the snake.
I think RBM guessed right. The hawk attacked the snake and took on more than he expected. I can't picture a snake attacking a hawk, there is no way it could swallow or eat it. I was surprised at how well the hawk flew.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I thought you guys would like to see it, too. Not something we're likely to see very often.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Bet that Hawk will think twice the next time he sees snake on the menu. I can't blame either for fighting for survival in nature. You did a good thing because the snake could not eat the hawk but was not interested in being eaten by it.

I have Garter snakes that live in the shrubs in front of my house. They eat frog, slugs and mice so I let them stay. Then I see much larger Milk snakes move in. One day the Milk snake is slim and trim and the next day it is twice as fat and the Garter snake is gone. That's nature.

GaryL

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Sorry I didn't make it clear, it's not my video, but I agree - hawk, snake, and human were all doing what they do. Interesting to see.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Hope the hawk made it! My guess is the hawk tried to have the snake for dinner and the snake wanted no part of it and fought back...
Yup. Once had a runt mouse whip an Okeechobee corn snake so bad it was a month before the snake dared showed his face. Jake the mouse was rewarded with a harem and a long, happy, life and many offspring.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts