TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Navagation

2K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  moresnow 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Mine is a newer revised edition, way better than the ones a few years ago. I've been very happy with it for trip planning and locating cool places I want to see. Like you, it's took me to some very interesting places

#5 ·
My favorite! Around here, we have old roads and rights of way dating back to the 1600's. The ones marked in the Gazeteer are usually still listed as town roads even if they are no longer in use...makes for some real adventures!

#6 ·
That's the way it is here, we have tons of old gravel, dirt roads and logging trails, I can find and explore them all. I do see a lot of red and green farm gates though!

There are interesting places everywhere, the Gazetteer helps me find them.

#7 ·
DeLorme also makes Street Atlas USA which is a great map DVD system. The scales on none of these maps is fine enough for me and my wanderings, but they provide the basis of going to Google Earth once you find the general jump off point to really plan your trip or figure out where in hell you were. Topo USA has been in my computer software aresenal for some time and again its useful for judging terrain and potential jump off or problem areas (less urban friendly, but great at showing roads that barely exist). Tom

#9 ·
Man, that sure beats Google Earth, at least on my computer.

Thanks fer that.

#13 ·
I just wander around . . . . so many people tell me 'where to go' all the time that I couldn't possibly get lost !

Bag

#14 ·
Hey r80rt, that flash earth is awesome. Thanks!

#16 ·
+1 on the flashearth found some new local exploring while checking it out!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.