TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I'm probably the closest to you, 180 miles west in Wakulla County. right on Apalachee Bay. No mountains or dirt roads over here either except for one state park.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm probably the closest to you, 180 miles west in Wakulla County. right on Apalachee Bay. No mountains or dirt roads over here either except for one state park.

Yeah. Know what ya mean. I have a few scattered areas around my area but nothing to keep you entertained for more than an hour.

I'd like to hit Ocala national forest one day. Have you been? Is it more than a day trip?

·
Registered
287 Posts
CT70's would be fine. I've camped it in West Virginia with a couple of buddies, my son and son-in-law. We actually camped in an authentic West Virginia ghost town. I ran into a guy riding a beautiful CT70 at Walmart the other day. He wouldn't sell it!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I live in Gainesville. I went to ocala north ohv area last weekend. Way sandier and harder to ride on the trails than I expected. The forest roads were lots of fun though. I would be up for riding osceola some time if you are interested.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I live in Gainesville. I went to ocala north ohv area last weekend. Way sandier and harder to ride on the trails than I expected. The forest roads were lots of fun though. I would be up for riding osceola some time if you are interested.

heck yeah, not sure when but im game

yeah the few spots i ride here are nooo fun if it hasnt rained good ......

·
Registered
42 Posts
I live in Salt Springs during the winter, in the middle of the Ocala Nat. Forest. The OHV trails are way too sandy for my taste; I really enjoy the many dirt roads. The roads can sometimes be a bit rough with wash board surfaces, but they do an ok job keeping them maintained. Lots of places to explore, I've just scratched the surface.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Picking mine up on Friday. Would love to find some dirt places and trails in Jacksonville.

I'm off JTB and hodges. I'd hook up and show you all my quick local spots. I bet ya caint sleep till Friday. I'm going camping this weekend,leaving Friday back on Sunday but I got Monday off if your willing to ride a bit. Or the following weekend. When ever

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I live in Salt Springs during the winter, in the middle of the Ocala Nat. Forest. The OHV trails are way too sandy for my taste; I really enjoy the many dirt roads. The roads can sometimes be a bit rough with wash board surfaces, but they do an ok job keeping them maintained. Lots of places to explore, I've just scratched the surface.

I'm actually going camping this weekend and staying at the salt springs rec area. I will be with my group of friends that don't have bikes but yet I'm bringing mine. I just may have to sneak away and go for a ride.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm north of jax in Callahan. I ride in the Ocala national forest. I was just up there before Christmas. It is sandy but the nfr roads are hard pack and there is a lot to see. They have maps online and at all the trail heads. There are wide narrow and single track loops. A lot of fun.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Go to the Ocala Speedway, and across the street from the main entrance there will be a trail leading into the woods. This takes you to the Alpha Pit, known for the hardest 4-wheeling in the state. Might be more than you can handle.... would suggest getting in touch with the local Jeepers to have a guide and someone to help recover the bike if it gets stuck or you get injured.

Otherwise, there are some fun Jeep trails in the ONF that aren't all washboard as they see less frequent use. Again, the Jeepers would be who to talk to for directions.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts