TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey TW Fans,

Check out this cool little 110cc 2014 Yamaha Crux. It's made in India by Yamaha. The dealer had loads of em. He says the locals use em for farm bikes in the Mongolian countryside, so they must be pretty tough! You can get one for about a million and a half Mongolian Tugrik; that's about $850 USD! Could be time to get the Mrs. riding ;-)

Yamaha Crux.jpg

Registered
Interesting. Are they really made by Yamaha? When I was in Pakistan I kept seeing "Jeeps", and the body style was totally true to form, but I'm pretty sure they were not Jeeps.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Borneo - The dealer took me inside the warehouse where he had some Crux models still crated. They had official-looking Yamaha documents and logos on the crates, but they are made in India, not Japan.

Tommy - 110cc; it'll cost at least twice the purchase price to get it to you though ;)

Registered
For that kind of money how can you go wrong? It has crash bars and a kick start. Probably no electric start -- keeping the cost down but kicking 110cc is easy.
They may not sell a ton of them here but I bet anything there will be a cult following much like the TW200.

Registered
When I went over to help out the Haitians they had these type of small bikes. They were everywhere. I did see one v twin, that was it. These small bikes came with a nice rear rack that looked very sturdy. I did'nt get the name off one, but they weren't a regular brand that we have here in the states.

After taking a second look, I see the one pictured does have the rear rack and guards to keep bags and skirts out of the wheel area.

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
Old White Truck - I paid 5.5 mil (about $3,100 USD) for my AG. Yes, I guess it's better, but you could buy 3 Cruxes for the same money, and those nomads don't have much dough.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts