TW200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,

My name is Tim and I've been in Osaka, Japan since 2009 (originally Chicagoan).

Last weekend I just picked up my first bike ever, my TW200.

It's got the usual done to her, swing arm, muffler, air cleaner and such.

Picker her up from a buddy as she only has 2,XXX KM on her.

I'm a car guy but cars are too damn expensive over here. Look the the blog if you got some time as I'll keep more stuff updated on there.

http://pondetim.blogspot.jp/

Let me know if I can be a help to anyone overseas trying to get some parts or information Japan-side.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Great looking bike! I love how that rear fender looks. Another forum member made a similar one with a trailers wheel fender. I didnt even know that they had 200's over there. I thought they were all 125's and 225's. Anyways, welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm from the Chicago area. How does where you are now compare? Once you get out of the city is there anywhere to ride a dual sport offroad?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the compliments!

I always lived in the city so it was really easy to adapt to life here in Osaka. I can actually say they look pretty similar in some ways!

I will have to look into what is outside of the city in terms of two wheel fun. I've only been driving on the circuits with cars.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Man, where were you two months ago!! I was just in Osaka in November. Your bike looks sweet. I'm jealous you live in Osaka! I love it over there. Such a great city full of great people and great food!! I gotta say though, more bicycles than motorcycles!!

Bart

PS - I too, am an ex-Chicagoan.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I always lived in the city so it was really easy to adapt to life here in Osaka. I can actually say they look pretty similar in some ways!
Funny you should say that. I kinda think Osaka is the Chicago of Japan, while Tokyo is clearly the New York of Japan.

Been out to Akame 48 Waterfalls yet? That's a really pretty spot worth the trip.

Bart

EDIT: Just checked out your blog, looks like you have a really cool job!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks again for the compliments.

I explain the Chicago- New York / Osaka - Tokyo comparison the same way. Minus the hotdogs and 24hr Maxwell Streets stands.

I haven't made it out to Akame 48. But this year I want to loop Biwako and hit the beach a lot. Gotta try to strap a surfboard to the TW too.

Job isn't too rough. Being the only foreigner has its upside and downside haha.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Hey there,

My name is Tim and I've been in Osaka, Japan since 2009 (originally Chicagoan).

Last weekend I just picked up my first bike ever, my TW200.

It's got the usual done to her, swing arm, muffler, air cleaner and such.

Picker her up from a buddy as she only has 2,XXX KM on her.

I'm a car guy but cars are too damn expensive over here. Look the the blog if you got some time as I'll keep more stuff updated on there.

http://pondetim.blogspot.jp/

Let me know if I can be a help to anyone overseas trying to get some parts or information Japan-side.

Welcome!. Neat lookin TW....I really like the orange paint on the tank!. How's the round headlight?,it seems alot of the Japanese TW's have round headlights?;are those OEM there?.If not,any idea how much they run $$$(in U.S. dollars?)...what's the wattage?. TIA

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks all!

The paint is an OEM metallic and the light is also OEM. Over here, I've yet to see any square lighted TWs.

I could see what a headlight and bracket would cost for you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks all!

The paint is an OEM metallic and the light is also OEM. Over here, I've yet to see any square lighted TWs.

I could see what a headlight and bracket would cost for you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I wish I could say more but I've only ridden a friends KSR110 and the CB400s at bike school, so I can't compare much!

She makes a good sound while a little on the slow side haha

1 - 16 of 16 Posts