TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to sell my 1997 TW. It is in good condition except the left side cover is damaged. Can someone tell me what other years were the same white color as the 1997. The 1997 side cover is white at the top and black at the bottom. I'm thinking other years may be solid white and available. Anyone know?

·
Registered
6,030 Posts
The side covers for all years are interchangeable and vary only in the color and decals. I also believe that all years have the black bottom panels, but I am not 100% sure about this. I also believe that these side covers are available from Yamaha in black and white so a white one should be readily available.

You're lucky that you are not looking for one of the oddball colors, like teal!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I should have mentioned that my purpose in asking which other models use the same white as the 1997 is that the 1997 side cover are no longer available.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks,
I went by the Yamaha dealership today and he did a search of other dealerships inventory and said he couldn't find one. He said if other year models were the same color white, that the old part number should have super-ceded to a new number. Looking at the pictures you posted, I might could replace both of them with black. Or, I can sell it the way it is and let someone else watch ebay for a used one. :)

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Thanks,
I went by the Yamaha dealership today and he did a search of other dealerships inventory and said he couldn't find one. He said if other year models were the same color white, that the old part number should have super-ceded to a new number. Looking at the pictures you posted, I might could replace both of them with black. Or, I can sell it the way it is and let someone else watch ebay for a used one. :)
Just go to any of the on line yamaha sellers and order a set of white side covers from any year, they all fit and a side cover is a side cover and they are not year specific except if you want the exact decal that came with that year. The dealer you went to sounds like a real lazy SOB who does not know much about the TW and the history. 1987-2015 had many TWs with white side covers and any one will do.

GaryL

Reactions: littletommy
1 - 6 of 6 Posts