TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
This is my first time posting here as I just was given a 1988 tw200 with only 300 miles on it! My girlfriends grandfather bought it back in 88 and barely rode it. it sat for a while and he took the carb off to rebuild it. After he took the carb off he moved and lost the carb in the move. So I am wondering what Carburetors you can use for it, that I could preferably buy online. Thank you!

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
You can buy the exact one for your bike direct from Partzilla for around $260. Part number is 2JY-14301-03-00.
You might also find a used one somewhere but it will probably need serious cleaning and rebuilding and by the time you are done you will spend close to as much.

GaryL

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man! That's what I'll buy! Hopefully I can get it up and running next week!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk now Free

·
Super Moderator
19,732 Posts
You better ask them if they have it in stock and can ship it right away, these folks have been know to take a long time to ship stuff sometimes.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
You better ask them if they have it in stock and can ship it right away, these folks have been know to take a long time to ship stuff sometimes.
I have had similar situations with just about every place I ordered parts from. Partzilla did pretty good when I ordered the new carb and made it clear they had to order it in before they could ship it. I got it in less than two weeks. Bikebandit was absolutely horrible and clearly did not give a damn about getting my business. A few others were somewhat slow taking care of business as well. One truth did come to light in my process of getting my bike where I wanted it. The cheapest place that sells the parts is not necessarily the best place to order from.

To that end, if the part is in stock there is no reason it should take much more than a week to get it. Consequently, I think Bikebandit has a couple guys in the shipping and handling department who need to get government jobs!

If the OP was close to me I have a brand new one sitting on my shelf as a spare that could get him going today and a nice used one with all brand new OEM guts that I just can't get to function right. These carbs can be finicky SOBs and I applauded those here who can get them rebuilt and working as they should. I have more money involved in TW old style carbs than some members have in their bikes!

GaryL

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My next question is will a non California carb compatible with a California bike?

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
My next question is will a non California carb compatible with a California bike?

i can't answer that but at partzilla site they show both the Ca. And non Ca carbs available and same price. Carbs changed in 2001 so if your bike is earlier then you need an old style carb in either Ca. Or Non Ca.. I think the difference is in the jetting to meet communist California emission standards so if you don't register the bike there it should not matter.

GaryL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts