TW200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction for a stock replacement for a 94 TW. I'm wanting a stock not an aftermarket. Brand New is preferred but if someone has a spare I would take it, my bike has been down for a few months now in need of one.

·
Registered
13,662 Posts
Wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction for a stock replacement for a 94 TW. I'm wanting a stock not an aftermarket. Brand New is preferred but if someone has a spare I would take it, my bike has been down for a few months now in need of one.
I looked up the price of a new CDI at Rocky Mountain ATV/Motorcycle. Oddly, they don't list a 1994 TW in their fische but a 93 and 95 have the same part # and cost and I know the 94 takes the same item.

It's not something they have in stock but it say "usually ships within 5-7 business days" meaning the item is still available. The price is $282.43. For comparison the price of a new CDI at Snake River Yamaha in Meridian is $397.79 (and is the price you'd probably pay if you bought this part from any Yamaha dealership).

This is the only online store I looked at but you could try some other online motorcycle retailers.

·
Registered
13,662 Posts
Damn that price kinda hurts a little bit when i paid $1k for the bike!
I paid $300 something for a CDI for a 1983 XT200 which I paid only a little more than what the price of the CDI was! On top of that it wasn't a CDI problem (which I suspected) and was carb related (rich, way too rich). I now have an extra CDI for the XT. I feel your pain.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts