TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
**FOUND** Need a TDub Donor Bike To Build a Brat Bike

Okay, I showed my 16 year old son the Brat TW200 that AkiraClownGang built and now he wants to build something similar. Thanks AkiraClownGang!! :p

So with that being said, we are in the market for a partially running, partially functional TDub as a starter bike to begin the project. If anyone in the pacific northwest has a bike that would make a good donor bike in the sub-$1000 range I'd like to talk about it. This is more of a learning project for my son and would be fun to work on together, he will be doing most of the wrenching/tweaking and paying for the parts so it will be a great experience for him about how things work... and don't work.... :cool: .

Also, I will be down in the bay area in early June so would consider picking up the right bike then as well.

Thanks.

Tim

·
Registered
141 Posts
Okay, I showed my 16 year old son the Brat TW200 that AkiraClownGang built and now he wants to build something similar. Thanks AkiraClownGang!! :p

So with that being said, we are in the market for a partially running, partially functional TDub as a starter bike to begin the project. If anyone in the pacific northwest has a bike that would make a good donor bike in the sub-$1000 range I'd like to talk about it. This is more of a learning project for my son and would be fun to work on together, he will be doing most of the wrenching/tweaking and paying for the parts so it will be a great experience for him about how things work... and don't work.... :cool: .

Also, I will be down in the bay area in early June so would consider picking up the right bike then as well.

Thanks.

Tim
Just Messaged You!

EDIT: I just realized where you live so you may not be interested at all! :-s

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BugSpatteredJacket -

Unfortunately, the wrong side of the continent!! :(

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Picked Up Drifter's Bike Today

Grabbed Drifter's bike he had posted so now I'll pass one of mine off to my kid to tinker with. Thanks for the good deal Drifter!!

photo.JPG

Geeezzzz, looking at all the blue in this picture, I'm beginning to think I need to expand my color choices.... :p

·
Registered
96 Posts
I hope your happy with it. I to found what I was looking for. A second owner 2001 XR400R in awesome shape. I know there will be times I miss the TW, but now I know why I missed my old dirtbike to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts