TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day to all. I am a noob at this. And im planning on making my tw200 into hobby bike (modify and such) . I have very basic bike engineering knowledge and i am facing a situation. I want to have a dual front disk on my 1992 tw200. And am seeing my only option available as a 120/70-17 wheel from a donar bike (nk400) . This is my problem: i want to keep the tyre from the tw200 (130/80-18) but i want to have the dual disc brakes from the donar . I dont have the tyres yet and , ill have to order and purchase the dual disc front rim even before i can check if it will fit my idea (its a custom fat-boy-scrambler-street fighter , thats pretty much the idea AKA "Frankenstein jr"). I did some research but couldn't make heads from tails.
If any one has any idea on if it will fit, or anything else as option that would be a great help.
This has been my life long wish to have a custom 1992(the year i was born) tw200(favorite bike of all time ) built by myself, that i get to ride everyday. I

I thank you for the favor/time you put on this .

- a noob who loves tw 200

·
Registered
20,495 Posts
If it weren't for the cast wheel of the NK400 I'ld question why the need for retaining the TW Death Wing tyre & 18" spoked rim.
I see all sorts of challenges, some perhaps insurmountable within a reasonable budget.
Keeping the TW hub for spoke lacing, speedo pick-up, width between the forks, etc conflicts with a strong mount to transfer brake load from right disc to hub. I fear a custom hub would have to be rather well thought out, designed & fabricated possibly with custom spoke lengths to accomodate a beefier hub and right side disc. Packaging it all within the TW's forks might be unfeasible.
I would be tempted to look for another donor featuring rim & spoke design you like and possibly look at mating an entire front end from the donor from tires through steering stem including forks, modified triple clamps, brake master cylinder, hoses, speedo cable, speedometer.
Or just ride the '92 as is.
This the donor NK400?
bike.jpeg

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Good day to all. I am a noob at this. And im planning on making my tw200 into hobby bike (modify and such) . I have very basic bike engineering knowledge and i am facing a situation. I want to have a dual front disk on my 1992 tw200. And am seeing my only option available as a 120/70-17 wheel from a donar bike (nk400) . This is my problem: i want to keep the tyre from the tw200 (130/80-18) but i want to have the dual disc brakes from the donar . I dont have the tyres yet and , ill have to order and purchase the dual disc front rim even before i can check if it will fit my idea (its a custom fat-boy-scrambler-street fighter , thats pretty much the idea AKA "Frankenstein jr"). I did some research but couldn't make heads from tails.
If any one has any idea on if it will fit, or anything else as option that would be a great help.
This has been my life long wish to have a custom 1992(the year i was born) tw200(favorite bike of all time ) built by myself, that i get to ride everyday. I

I thank you for the favor/time you put on this .

- a noob who loves tw 200
You need to put in a turbo and 100 more horsepower before you need another disk to help the TW stop. Have fun with the project.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You need to put in a turbo and 100 more horsepower before you need another disk to help the TW stop. Have fun with the project.
Lol. Not a bad idea though. But, judging from the street from where i am, dual disc seems a better option. Fyi: google traffic in kathmandu. Then you'll see what i ment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts