TW200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a starter they want to part with? Mine just puked and we're going on vacation in 2 weeks. Are there any other starters that are interchangeable with the T Dubs? Thanks.

·
Registered
5,946 Posts
I have the bottom end of a 1992 model year engine that I picked up for the kickstarter. The electric starter looks to be in good shape but I have never seen this engine run. If you are interested I could pull the starter off and send it to you. Let me know if you want to give it a shot.

Brian

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heck yeah Brian, I'll give it a go. PM me your PayPal info with the price and shipping to 16159 and we'll get the show started. Thanks man! Jack

·
Registered
5,946 Posts
Hey Jack,

Sorry to get your hopes up, but I have some bad news.

I just pulled the starter off and the two pieces that you see below should still be connected. This starter must have taken a pretty good hit, one that was strong enough to bust this bearing off and also bend the starter shaft.

Hopefully someone else will be able to help you out.

Brian

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Aww crap. Just the way my luck's been going. My starter one of the magnets came loose. I tried super gluing it and it seems like it should be working but it won't engage the teeth. Second thought I can still use your starter. My end with the bearing is in good shape. I'll still take it if you don't mind. Let me know what you need for it and the shipping.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tom, I'd like to get yours too in case my Frankenstein job doesn't work. If it works I'll hold onto your starter in case someone else needs it and make them the same generous offer or send it back to you, your choice. PMed you my info Thanks man.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Awesome stepping up to help out a fellow TDubber guys!

It reminds me of "Pay It Forward" threads we have done on other forums. If you have a part/accessory you don't need or want you offer it for the cost of shipping, but who ever claims it must replace it with something also only for shipping. I don't have any extra parts or I'd start one here.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK , the mighty Dub is starting like a champ. I want to give a big thanks to Tom and Brian for bailing me out. Meant to post sooner but been busy getting ready for vacation, a real hot one from the looks of the forecast. Thanks again guys, this forum rocks! :cool:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts