TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this piece of my bike broke off. I was hoping someone here could tell me the actual name of it so I can start looking for a replacement piece. I figure it is an important part of the bike and I shouldn't really ride without it. It is basically a sort of rubbery track that the chain slide on top of before it goes onto the front sprocket and also the chain slides onto coming out of the front sprocket. The bottom half of the part is still attached to my bike, it is just the top half that came off. I noticed my chain was way too loose and when I went to go check it out, I saw it had broken off and was just sitting there, basically the weight of the chain was holding it on the bike. I have attached some pictures and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hopefully you can see these images. http://imgur.com/a/Jou7Q

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I don't know what year bike you have but this schematic is for a '95. The part you're asking about is #14. They aren't very cheap.

Edit.....Oops, you have to go down to "rear arm" in the "Select a parts schematic" drop down menu.

Edit again....I googled the part number and it looks like Boats.net have it for $35.60 + shipping. I've bought from them without problems before but some people have had to wait a long time for their parts from them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 2000. Thanks, I appreciate your help. Hopefully it won't take too long so I can start riding again.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I am the third owner that I know of and it was already starting to fall apart, I guess it just had enough and decided to break....:(

·
Registered
8,431 Posts
We need to find a seller who will work with us on "Group Buys" for parts like this. I need one for my 88 and would like to have a spare on the shelf because these parts break pretty easy. The rubber boot from the air box to the carb is another common part most of us will eventually need. The ethanol makes the boot hard and it shrinks. I bet there is a dozen or so common parts we all need at one time or another and the prices for them individually are ridiculous. Check the price on a carb float bowl gasket for starters along with some of the O ring gaskets we often need.

I have seen on other forums where they do group buys for 20 or 30 common parts and get a much better price and members can buy in on the deal.

GaryL

Reactions: frog13 and noreek

·
Registered
7 Posts
Here is a part that I can't find on the parts fiche... Auto part Fuel line Engine Brake Wire

I am looking for the part numbers for the two little grommets that guide the ignition wire through the crankcase channel.
I made a rookie mistake and pinched the wires in the case and stripped them that is what the splices are for.
Whilst installing the splices, one of the little grommets was loose, when I pulled it out of its hole I noticed that it had been
Placed with some sort of silicone-like sealant...that was the grommet on the right, with two wires. The grommet on the left
Seems to be slightly cracked, although not all of the way through. Can I use a VERY small amount of the gasket sealant to
Reinsert the old grommets? Or is that something that will lead to leaks and should definitely be replaced? I would have to
remove my awesome splices and that would leave some extremely short wires to re-splice. Thanks for the input.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts