TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Unless you removed your cam timing chain, there should be no need to adjust the timing on your bike. Have you done any top end work on your engine that requires replacing and re-setting your timing chain?

Brian

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
How do i adjust the timing on my tw200?
If you are referring to the spark timing, basically you don't. It is set at 9 degrees. If there is a way to advance it please post it here. I bet a few more degrees advance would do wonders for that engine.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
I bet a few more degrees advance would do wonders for that engine.

That would just make it ping and rattle more during acceleration unless you use high octane fuel.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
On the timing chain I have a quick question. Is the nut that holds the top sprocket reverse threads?

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
On the timing chain I have a quick question. Is the nut that holds the top sprocket reverse threads?
No. But those things are super tight. I can't believe the timing chain didn't break when I took mine off -- and it is a bolt.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I know the 6V thing makes things complex, but did you guys know the XT200 had significantly more advance built into its CDI unit? Not sure what the lower RPM value was but at 6000rpm it was 35º as apposed to 29º on the TW.

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
No. But those things are super tight. I can't believe the timing chain didn't break when I took mine off -- and it is a bolt.
That has been my experience also. If possible, it is best to loosen that bolt while the engine is still mounted in the frame.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts