TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellas, I'm working on an early model Tee Dub with the left side routing for the throttle cables. My bike is all apart and I went ahead and installed Pro Taper Hi ATV handlebars, so they're taller than stock.

My question is, does anyone have any pictures of throttle cable routing with tall bars and left side carb linkage ?

I tried routing them pretty much every way today and can't seem to come up long enough unless I run them along the right side of the steering head and over the top frame tube down to the carburetor. It works well like that, but I don't have a gas tank here to see if there is enough room under the tank for the cable to route snugly over the top frame tube.

I'll be using a Clarke TW200 tank if anyone can check theirs for room under there please.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
I'm stumped. I run ATV highs AND risers with the old carb and cables routed left of the steering head.

Are those bars also extra wide?

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
The width could account for it. If those are new cables it's also possible that you got the late-models by mistake, which are shorter.

Gimme 10 and I'll check her Clarke for clearance

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Ok, there's plenty of clearance. Not enough for a city bus, but closer to 1/2 than 3/8.

My cables are routed down the little hoopty on the right of the ignition switch, then around the left of the steering head.

Those must be some wide bars.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you brother. I owe you one. I appreciate your effort. I really like the way they're routed now so it sounds like I'm golden when I finally get the cash together to buy my Clarke tank.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
I routed my cables over the backbone on my bike (I have a stock tank though...it fit fine). I routed my Dad's throttle cable underneath the backbone directly next to the ignition coil. Works fine.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the compliment Ronnydog. It's actually all powdercoat except for the engine top end which is ceramic coat. Still not near done but I should be able to roll it out of the shop this weekend for some pictures.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts