TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day TW Fam, anyone here could help me find out the year model of the TW200 that's been with my Family. All i got is a picture of frame number and an engine number with just 2 letters and 1 number. Attaching the photos.

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

This has been repainted

·
Super Moderator
6,032 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Purple thanks for the info but I'm still confused on the charts. Apologies but i really know very little.
Have a good one

·
Super Moderator
6,032 Posts
The link suggest that it's not the first few letters that matter, but the last

Whoever did that bike did a half decent job - I'm impressed ......

(Welcome to the asylum) ......

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Looks like the Kickstarter has been removed. Decent copy.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
On the neck of the frame. It’s stamped and there’s a sticker if it’s still there.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
About the VIN ? Where can this be located? Would really appreciate a help on this as well.
Here's a picture to give Reddaves comment about the steering neck some clarification. Note the location of the horn for orientation:

Image taken from copart.com

It should also be etched into the metal somewhere near that sticker if the sticker isn't present or damaged.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Good day TW Fam, anyone here could help me find out the year model of the TW200 that's been with my Family. All i got is a picture of frame number and an engine number with just 2 letters and 1 number. Attaching the photos. View attachment 213757

View attachment 213758

View attachment 213759

This has been repainted
im pretty sure thats an 86-87. best clue is scratch to see what original color scheme was. 87 was red/white ore blue/white.
i have the same stamp on my engine and my "vin" is 239; not 12 digits like usa bikes. mines registered as an 86 which seems kinda strange cause apparently yamaha started production in 87. hmmmm. i also think mine was imported direct from japan by private individual so maybe that explains the year thing..
goodluck

·
Registered
17 Posts
Looks like the Kickstarter has been removed. Decent copy.
you say youre restoring an 87. whats the vin on the neck look like? is it twelve digits or is like big-kobaby shows? mine is just like his by the way. must be really really early or even pre production bikes

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
you say youre restoring an 87. whats the vin on the neck look like? is it twelve digits or is like big-kobaby shows? mine is just like his by the way. must be really really early or even pre production bikes

1 - 15 of 15 Posts