TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new tank.jpg

So, I mounted my XT225 yesterday. Went on pretty easily...Except i have 90 degree fuel filter which seems to not fit so well, the petcock is tilted at an odd angle. I cut the fuel line slightly to eliminate a pinch, Seems to work just fine... but it still it looks like crap...i was considering using an inline filter...Questions:

Will the inline filter fit?
Will the inline filter mess with the fuel delivery?

As far as the position of the tank, I may be able to put a foam shim to lift the tan slightly and get a better angle.

Any thoughts?

BTW...I LOVE the way it looks...I'm in love with my Tdub all over again..

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
19,605 Posts
I have same tank, same problem, same emotions. Installation is but a month old and may need fine tuning. I don't think a straight inline filter will make things better, maybe someone else with similar tank can advise us.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have same tank, same problem, same emotions. Installation is but a month old and may need fine tuning. I don't think a straight inline filter will make things better, maybe someone else with similar tank can advise us.
annnd...i cracked the fuel filter being hasty....Damn me and my impatience..

I guess ill get down to the shop today and buy both and some extra fuel line. I may just run a longer line at accommodate the lack of space.

Thanks for the info, Fred. I'm hoping the other guys have an idea as well... but no reply yet. we'll see.

·
Registered
19,605 Posts
This is my current plumbing. Works. Just no "play" for vibration nor ease of tank removal. Clear hoses part of carb vents for deep water.

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is my current plumbing. Works. Just no "play" for vibration nor ease of tank removal. Clear hoses part of carb vents for deep water.
what type of fuel filter is that? Mine is cone shaped and much larger.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts